Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Separate tiller and rudder

Hello all.
I have been using a joystick with twisting function for my FSX. I just got my rudder pedal and trying to separate the tiller and rudder. So far I have managed to use the tiller by the joystick twisting without affecting the rudder but when I use the rudder pedal, the tiller turns and steer the aircraft on the ground.

So is there a way to assign rudder pedal to rudder function only?

I'm testing on PMDG 777 but I think the same will be for your 737 and MD11?

(Yes, I have searched google for couple hours)

Hoang Le.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

You'll need the paid for version of FSUIPC: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Well worth the money.

Yes I'm using that, but I still couldn't figure way to use the rudder without turning the tiller.

Thanks

Hoang Le

P3D v5

How did you assign your axis' in FSUIPC?

This is my tiller setting for the joystick twist

Untitled_2.jpg

This is rudder pedal for rudder setting

Untitled_4.jpg

Hoang Le

P3D v5

You have to set it up as FSUIPC Direct control, then set one as steering tiller, and the other as rudder axis then unassign them from FSX/P3D. 

Unfortunately the was FSX/P3D is coded you will still get the rudder animation movement, this is why it happens in gsx using pushback too. It is hard-coded and there is no real solution unless the aircraft Dev backdoors it like the did with the Majestic Dash 8

You have to set it up as FSUIPC Direct control, then set one as steering tiller, and the other as rudder axis then unassign them from FSX/P3D. 

Unfortunately the was FSX/P3D is coded you will still get the rudder animation movement, this is why it happens in gsx using pushback too. It is hard-coded and there is no real solution unless the aircraft Dev backdoors it like the did with the Majestic Dash 8

I assign my joystick twisting to steering tiller under FSUIPC Direct Control, it will turn the rudder with it. If I assign the way I did earlier it will only turn the tiller.

For the rudder pedal i set to FSUIPC Direct Control but it still turn the tiller.

Thanks for your help so far.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Yes, currently there is now way to achieve the desired effect you are seeking. The tiller will control both rudder and Nosewheel up to 88 degrees left and right of center below 35kts. Rudder will takeover for full deflection of rudder above 35kts and limited nosewheel travel of about 8 degrees. 

Sadly the tiller and rudder are permanently linked to one another in SIM Land because of how fsx was made. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, currently there is now way to achieve the desired effect you are seeking. The tiller will control both rudder and Nosewheel up to 88 degrees left and right of center below 35kts. Rudder will takeover for full deflection of rudder above 35kts and limited nosewheel travel of about 8 degrees. 

Sadly the tiller and rudder are permanently linked to one another in SIM Land because of how fsx was made. 

Thank you so much for your help.

OT but can you share me your overclock settings for your computer? I'm running 6700k@4.5Ghz at 1.23V. The mainboard has so many settings that I don't know and have to set to auto

Hoang Le

P3D v5

I always thought that too. But FSLabs managed a work around for their A320. Works really well. Here's hoping PMDG figure it out too.

• Upvote 1

Right, I did mention that if the developer plans ahead and develops this sort of functionality then we are in business. Sadly most of our older, and existing addons this is not the case and will operate as described above.

Majestic and FSL are the only two that I know of that the rudder and tiller operate prototypically. 

• Upvote 1