Sign in to follow this  
sascha

How to purchase Drealfleet Baron?

I'm in a fix. I wanted to treat myself and buy the Dreamfleet Beech Baron but their wrapper does not accept Paypal and their support forum is not accessible. They do not have an email on their site so are completely unreachable! How do I go about purchasing the Baron?

Flight 1 accept paypal.

Yes, but only for new products. The old wrapper for the Baron will not.

The DF Baron is for sale on the German page of Aerosoft's webshop as boxed version.

http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10014&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=german

Note the system requirements: "Windows XP". With Win7 or newer systems you may run into problems with it - as I did with the DF 727 that crashes my sim under Win7 - or not - as it happened to me with the DF Bonanza that is a dream to fly (literally!) under Win7, too. But for 6.25 EUR it is no big risk... And you'll probably have to replace the RXP gauges, anyway.

Viel Spaß!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Sascha

I don't know where you live but you can get a boxed copy on eBay at www.ebay.co.uk - sorry, but I'm not able to paste the full link but just do a search for Dreamfleet Baron.  You could also try searching eBay in your own country.

Can't you use your, or a friend's, credit card to purchase from Flight1?

You say you can't access their support forum and there isn't an e-mail address you can use, but you can send in a support ticket enquiry and Jim will reply to you.

Be aware that although the Baron runs fine in Windows 7 you won't be able to use the RXP stuff if you have the 64 bit version of Windows.

Hope this helps.

Dijvid

I'm in a fix. I wanted to treat myself and buy the Dreamfleet Beech Baron but their wrapper does not accept Paypal and their support forum is not accessible. They do not have an email on their site so are completely unreachable! How do I go about purchasing the Baron?

Dreamfleet ceased operation years ago and provide no support for their previous products. You might file a support ticket with Flight1 and see if they can/will modify the wrapper, but I doubt that is the case.

DJ

Thanks all! I just ordered my boxed version from Aerosoft together with the Aeroworx B200  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Now to look for the Dreamfleet Archer III  :Tounge:

Sascha, could you please report back your experience with installing the plane under your actual OS? I'm interested, too... Many thanks!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Sascha, could you please report back your experience with installing the plane under your actual OS? I'm interested, too... Many thanks!

Excuse me for jumping in here but I had no trouble at all installing the Baron on Windows 7 32 bit version and it worked perfectly when I went to fly it.

Dijvid

Hi Folks,

Hah - I guess I liked the plane - some paints I did years ago - all based on real world aircraft - files in the lib... Got tired of seeing Carenado have all the cool paint jobs... I flew this plane a great deal - a definite favorite...

screen1_zpsql0y0vap.jpg

screen2_zpsbrs5scpu.jpg

screen3_zps5f0hk5ep.jpg

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

My Baron should land at my home field in 3 days. I'm still on Vista so don't expect any installation hassle

Hi Dijvid,

Thanks - actually Jasc PSP 9.x - now Corel I believe...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

My Baron should land at my home field in 3 days. I'm still on Vista so don't expect any installation hassle

Good news - and a very sensible choice!!

Dijvid