Sign in to follow this  
sascha

How to purchase Drealfleet Baron?

My Baron should land at my home field in 3 days.

Hi Sascha, how went your install?

I hope you have instant fun with the plane.

I also decided to purchase the DF Baron, and - almost as awaited - the RXP gauges don't work under Win7. I will thus have to rework the panel as I did with the Bonanza.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

TYSpQO8.png

My new toy arrived only yesterday. I installed right away -  a double click and hitting next a few times, perfectly smooth. I just started my first flight and everything seems fine. Even the Reality XP suite works now which it didn't for the Bonanza (checked and Bonanza Reality XP also works now) so I'm very happy! Especially as I still have a few days off.

Nice pic!

An old classic that I used to love when I was using FS9 :)

I own the FSX version of it (their Dakota is excellent too) but alas I'm on Win 7 64 bit and the locked RXP gauges don't work.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

After some tests, I had no luck with the RXP gauges. So I had to make my own panel arrangement, made with freeware gauges:

160104%20B58%20EDDC1_zpsawxixcj0.jpg

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thanks. If anybody is interested, I can specify the source files and provide my panel.cfg.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

This thread inspired me to load the DF Baron on my newer sim computer, which is on Windows 7-64 bit.  All the gauges seem to work for me.  I had to swap out the locked in RXP GNS 530 with the RXP GNS 530 WAAS, and replace the corresponding transponder and audiopanel from the WAAS GNS gauge cabinet but that was about it.  I am running FS9 from the "Program Files (x86) folder" so perhaps that is the explanation why the gauges all appear to be functional on my set up.

It would appear from this post on another forum that the gauges in the lite version on the baron don't work with Windows 7. 

Greg

It would appear from this post on another forum that the gauges in the lite version on the baron don't work with Windows 7. 

Greg

Well, the Lite version works just fine for me.  There shouldn't be any problems as the Lite version doesn't have the RXP and Garmin Trainer stuff.

Dijvid

I'm very happy!

Sascha, sorry for warming up this old threat. Just a question: How does the Baron fly for you? Background of my question is that I can't enjoy it as much as the Bonanza. I have massive problems to keep it flying beyond stall speed when cruising for instance at FL160 (which FSC suggests as cruising level). I have to let the engines run at 2.400 rpm for this purpose.

As side effect, the used freeware gauges (see panel above) have their glitches...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hmmm, I'll check. Although I have to say I didn't notice that, semed to me to be pretty much on the numbers. Should be around 60% power at that altitude I believe

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But while the Bonanza came with a batch of charts with power settings and a

the fitting cruising speeds, the Baron didn't. I quickly realized that my preferred power setting with the Bonanza - 21" MAP with 2,100 rpm at 10,000 ft - didn't work at all with the Baron, this plane will lose speed as soon as I adjust rpm at a level below ~ 2,400-2,350. But this is a much too high value for cruising in my opinion.

Thanks for having a look!

P.S. Some impressions from a nevertheless nice journey with the baron here.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg