Sign in to follow this  
katice

RealityXP GTNs installation

Hey!

I know it's included in the manual, but to be honest I am am afraid I don't really understand what I am supposed to do. 

I installed Garmin Trainer with RealityXP, changed folder names and added variables, unsintalled Trainer and installed Flight1 GTN with its trainer. 

Not one, but both garmins didn't work. 

Could someone provide a step by step guide how to get both to work at the same time?

Thank you!

You shouldn't need two anymore, both the F1 (for FSX and P3D), and the RXP (for XP10 and XP9) use the SAME trainer version now.

If you're using an older F1 GTN, which happens to use another trainer, then yes you'll need to follow page 9 of the RXP manual to get it working.  What actually happens is that Garmin doesn't allow two versions of their trainer to be installed, so in a nutshell, you're faking the RXP install into thinking you have the latest trainer, when you just have copies of the trainer.

Again, if you're using the LATEST Flight1 GTN for FSX or P3D, you do NOT need to do this step.... because both F1 and RXP use the same PC trainer verison now.

And EDIT!!  Sorry I am wrong - F1 apparently released a new update that uses the latest Garmin trainer version.... V6.21.1

This is not yet compatible with RXP, so you will have to do the full steps of backing up some files and uninstalling/reinstalling.

It's not hard just time consuming.  Check out page 9 of the RXP manual again for how to do it.  If you absolutely can't figure it out PM me and I will help you via email

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is not yet compatible with RXP, so you will have to do the full steps of backing up some files and uninstalling/reinstalling.

Well, if you are refereing to the RXP manual about "creating variables" then I did so (I think) with little to no success. Actually, after I installed F1's trainer, I would expect at least one working but alas. Both were unresponsive :\

I just bought this and when i click on the plugin in it just pops up as a grey box. if I put my mouse over the corners of where nobs should be it shows the mouse knobs but the gtn is just a grey box. I also have the gtn 750 for prepar3d if that means anything... I am not familiar at all with xplane. I have had it on my computer for a long time but just used prepar. I tried Xplane 11 and immediately fell for it. Now here I am in XP10 again trying to get the gtn to work... agh. any help is appreciated!

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

In all cases, the first step to troubleshoot is having a look at the log files. There are designed for such a task and should tell the nature of the problem.

Reality XP products log files are in "My documents" and their file names start with "rxp".

The GTN log files are: rxpGtnSim.dll.log and rxpGTN.xpl.log 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

In all cases, the first step to troubleshoot is having a look at the log files. There are designed for such a task and should tell the nature of the problem.

When it comes to my issue, I just refunded the F1 GTN and will wait for RealityXP to come up with their own GTN for P3D which will probably use the same trainer, thus rendering workarounds unnecessary. Speaking of - any ETA? ;)

• Upvote 1