Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Help on RNAV Approach Charts, going below MDA

I've been trying to push myself a bit more in the simulation and have been flying around Alaska in the sim.  I've found myself some not so awesome weather at PAJN and have been looking over the RWY 8 approaches.  My question is based on the RNAV approach at PAJN (http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1613/01191RV8.PDF). 

1. What is LNAV MDA vs LNAV MDA* on the bottom of the chart?  The only other asterick I see on the chart is next to the tower frequency. 

2. If I understand things correctly, I can descend down to 125' barometric if I see the runway lead in lights by MDA (2340' vs 1880' depending on what the asterisk)?  Principally I'm trying sort out what I need to see centerline markings for vs centerline AND threshold/TDZ markings for?

Eric Szczesniak

Look just above the ATIS Frequency. "Missed Approach requires minimum climb of 363 feet per NM to 3200."  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Look just above the ATIS Frequency. "Missed Approach requires minimum climb of 363 feet per NM to 3200."  

Missed that!

Eric Szczesniak

Missed that!

OK. Go Around! LOL!

That's why there are co-pilots!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere