Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

ALTN DEST Page and 2500 Callout

Hi guys,

Two questions regarding the NGX:

1) The ALTN DEST page - if I put in alternate into the ALTN DEST page, select via Missed Approach, the page shows the correct number of miles to go (i.e. miles to destination, then miles to alternate).  However, the fuel remaining does not seem accurate.  For example, if you input the origin as an alternate while flying to your destination, it basically seems to predict you burning about half of what it would take to get back.  Has anyone else noticed these fuel values are out?

2) 2500 callout - I have it said to sound "RADIO ALTIMTER" but I think I have only heard it once or twice the whole time I've been using the NGX.  I hear all the other callouts, like 1000, 100, 50, MINIMUMS, etc.  But never 2500?

Any advice or help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Rudy

The radar altimeter warning I hear only when I have not lowered gear and flaps. I am not a pro in the 737NG and am not sure if that is the way it is supposed to be. Good question I will dig into it.

I meant to say callout not warning, I like it better than 2500

2500 callout - I have it said to sound "RADIO ALTIMTER" but I think I have only heard it once or twice the whole time I've been using the NGX. I hear all the other callouts, like 1000, 100, 50, MINIMUMS, etc. But never 2500?

FMC>PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>EQUIPMENT>PAGE 10>Item No 4. Make sure that it is set correctly.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.  The options are definitely set to call out "RADIO ALTIMETER" at 2500.  Have been having a look through the FCOM VOL 1 15.20.17 which doesn't mention there are any conditions for it to callout or not.

Any further advice?

Cheers,

Rudy

PS here is a copy and paste of the GPWS section of the aicraft options file:

GPWS_AltCallouts=1
GPWS_2500_RA=1
GPWS_2500=1
GPWS_1000=1
GPWS_500=1
GPWS_400=0
GPWS_300=0
GPWS_200=0
GPWS_100=1
GPWS_50=1
GPWS_40=0
GPWS_30=1
GPWS_20=0
GPWS_10=1

GPWS_2500_RA=1

GPWS_2500=1

Maybe the second line should be =0. You have both selected on at the same time. Could be some kind of conflict between the two lines. I hear radio altimeter all the time at 2500 ft. I am going to fly the NGX tomorrow. I want make sure I hear radio altimeter. Then I will tell you what I have in the aircraft.cfg file.

GPWS_2500_RA=1

GPWS_2500=1

Don't give up hope. I am still working on it.

Thanks mate, I will try it myself today as soon as I get a chance.  Cheers again for your help!

Thanks mate, I will try it myself today as soon as I get a chance.  Cheers again for your help!

Here is the way I got "radio altimeter." Now this is with no altitude callout, just the words "radio altimeter" at 2500 ft. AGL. In PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>EQUIPMENT>PAGE 8 LINE 2 YES and PAGE 10 LINE 4 "RADIO ALTMTR".

Hmmm weird.  That is exactly how I have it set?  I often notice the RAD ALT come alive, but below 2500, e.g. it will start counting down at 2250 or something when you go over a small hill on approach.