Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

AeroFly'in...

Wow nice Mitch.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

very nice shots, thanks for posting Mitch! to what levels are systems simulated? I don't believe there is anything close to PMDG level right? Do you guys know if there is anything at the "study level sim" on the horizon? 

Thanks!

John.

very nice shots, thanks for posting Mitch! to what levels are systems simulated? I don't believe there is anything close to PMDG level right? Do you guys know if there is anything at the "study level sim" on the horizon?

Thanks!

John.

Right now systems are basic. To give you an idea: none of the planes can be started or shutdown (although there is a file somewhere that enables this for the Cessna). Most of the buttons don't work. This sim is meant to quickly get into a plane with engines running and simply fly. There is an autopilot in various planes but, like in the Airbus, it follows the basic plan the sim can create, no SID, no STAR, no FMS with all kinds of pages to fiddle with. The sim is really geared towards the flying itself. You can find various video's on YouTube showing flights with the Boeing and Airbus which will give you an idea of what can be done. (Take note though that a lot of those video's are made by newbies who don't have a clue what they are doing LOL so don't blame some stupid things on the devs of AFS2. ;) )

The devs themselves clearly won't add study level sim material: it all depends on support from 3rd party developers, just like with other sims, but afaik right now there aren't any airplane developers who said they will create something for this sim. (They also can't because the SDK for planes hasn't been released yet.) Only Orbx announced to work on the scenery.

Thanks!

John.

Hi John,

Because this is an early-release (another name for Beta release), it is like XP 11 right now.  Most planes have enough activated for general flight and navigation.  Other systems, are textured, but not active on a plane-by-plane basis.  This sim COMES with 17 planes...from commercial, G.A. and fighter aircraft.  They are all flyable...controllable, but again, not every system is active.

As I wrote recently on thread in the Hangar Chat Forum, this is truly a sim that doesn't need to compete head-on with sims such as FSX,P3D, or XP.   This is a sim for the flyer that wants to see REALLY, what is below the wing in real life.  Many members on the Steam forum, have said that they have actually flown over their own house!

I have been flying it for about two days straight...and John, the sim is stunning in all areas of endeavor.   How I label this sim now, is simply this. It is a premier VFR flight simulator.  If you like to look outside your cockpit, instead of for the most part, straight ahead at the instrument panel,....and want real-world fidelity, then this sim is an ADDITION, not a COMPETITION, to all your other flight sim platforms.  Want to fly a study flight?  Fire up P3D, FSX, or XP (whatever).  Want to take her for a flight to explore, to let down your shoulders, to view, enjoy, and relax?  Start up, AeroFly FS-2.

The sim has world-wide ortho, with autogen placed upon the terrain, where the Dev's have decided for now...lots upon the DLC regions and interests.  So, you don't just have 'flat' buildings in the ortho maps. You have true 3D buildings where they have been placed.   

If you are a commercial flyer, you can take a flight with the big iron, and set your navigation nav aid, by nav aid, as you build your flight plan. Then for say, (as I have already done), take off out of Kennedy, and then head to Oakland  totally across the continent, and not ever see the same fake-computer generated tile, or mismatched clashing tiles.  At the FL's...the scenery is real- world and life like below you.  Take the trip across the continent, and then shoot the final at 120 FPS!  What a rush!

This is a work in progress...but as it stands now...it is a most recommended download and DLC content purchase.

Orbx has already ported over (in house tweaking going on)  Chicago Meigs...and oh wow...you should see it resting in this virtual reality sim.   VR..is going to be the strong suit...and VIVE is very well supported already.  I don't have VR, so, on my normal 2D screen, the sim is a knock out.  It has features that only recently, have P3D and XP (in lighting upon the aircraft bodies...reflections of such) have been added. The sun..and light depth, is better in this sim, than any other right now. You 'feel' the heat of the sun, the shadows are most excellent, and because this sim renders so well...it is dead smooth in animation, including shadows playing across the plane, panel, interior...etc.

You own this sim for an hour, and you lose yourself in it.

The biggest note to take away from my post, John...is that this is NOT a competition for either/or...of FSX,P3D, or XP10/11....no..rather, this is a beautiful, and most powerful VFR flight simulator to ADD to your flight sim pervue.  If people approach it as another 'specialized' for VFR flight simulator, they will without doubt enjoy it...use if for its own, unique strengths, and not get their panties in a knot, over being constantly compared to what they already have with P3D, FSX, or XP11. If you require a study-depth flight...then you already own that...FSX/P3D/XP11.  What you don't have, with the aforementioned, is world-wide veritus terrain, with highly detailed of same, in the DLC areas of content, that you don't have again, with FSX/P3D, or XP10/11,---- world-wide, and not requiring $$$ in 3rP content, to see what you get with the basic AeroFly FS v2 download.

This is an addition to a flight simulation enthusiast, that serves the VFR recreation, G.A. owner/flyer, so very well....with commercial and military jaunts, to boot!

My thoughts, anyway.

• Upvote 2

Great shots Mitch. I have only seen pics in high detailed areas. I am curious, what do areas that are not in the HD areas look like. For instance, I believe you are from Michigan. Can you post a couple of pics from there? Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Great shots Mitch. I have only seen pics in high detailed areas. I am curious, what do areas that are not in the HD areas look like. For instance, I believe you are from Michigan. Can you post a couple of pics from there? Thanks.

Sure can, and I shall.  BTW, the shot of the right wing on the 737-500 (fourth shot down in my series above)...is about 200 miles west of the New York DLC barrier line. I was on my way to Oakland, California, of which is within a DLC content area.

That is the standard detail that you are seeing from FL280, below that right wing. That is not computer generated, but is actually what is down there at that x/y coordinate, in real life!  I think it looks great.  Anything over 3,500 ft anywhere, will make you think you are there!  I want to fly tomorrow around Mackinac Island (even though not DLC) and see what's up. I shoot that and other notables for you.

The bottom line though, is that I can fly anywhere in the world, even outside dedicated high-detail DLC content, and be satisfied for the flying from one DLC to another.  I will purchase the DLC's as they come, for they are quite reasonably priced for what you are getting, ....and you are getting sheer visual enjoyment, that is for certain!

Cheers,

Mitch

Just flew around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  While all water bodies and shorelines are there, unfortunately, the texture resolution is so low, unless you knew the area, and what should be below you, you could not make out any detail whatsoever. So, while you can fly from one DLC to another, over the `whole world`, just consider what is below you, as 'filler'.  You know land and water is there, but it is just a blurry collage, if anything else, at this time in early release.

If they do upgrade the whole world with a higher resolution that makes terrain and landmarks identifiable,  I'd be one to consider purchasing it.   This sim, make you feel, like you are really in the air...over real terrain (DLC, and higher bordering resolutions), and I have been for the most part this evening flying in the high resolution South West of the United States.  It was simply breath-taking, the realism of it all....

The immersion this sim develops, is about 300 out of 10!  You are really there...and at the whopping FPS generated, you are really in control of your aircraft.

This sim is a never-delete 'keeper'.

Just flew around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. While all water bodies and shorelines are there, unfortunately, the texture resolution is so low, unless you knew the area, and what should be below you, you could not make out any detail whatsoever. So, while you can fly from one DLC to another, over the `whole world`, just consider what is below you, as 'filler'. You know land and water is there, but it is just a blurry collage, if anything else, at this time in early release.

What happened to "At the FL's...the scenery is real- world and life like below you" and "Anything over 3,500 ft anywhere, will make you think you are there!"...? I have seen screenshots of area's outside of detailed area's and really wondered what you were going on about. ;) This is exactly why I sometimes (as someone said) "rain on your parade": unbridled enthusiasm sometimes make people say things that aren't entirely correct and people simply need to be made aware of that. ;)

In the meantime my copy of AFS2 has yet to finish downloading: I had to lower download speeds because my family started complaining about wifi not working LOL. I hope to share some screenshots of my own somewhere this weekend.

Someone mentioned somewhere about IPACS considering worldwide coverage at 4.8 metres per pixel, which would be extremely welcome. They also stated that this would be around 160MB, but that is way too low. Does anyone know how much disk space would be required for the entire planet at that resolution? I guess the water would not need to be that detailed, so that eliminates 70% of the total surface area required!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What happened to "At the FL's...the scenery is real- world and life like below you" and "Anything over 3,500 ft anywhere, will make you think you are there!"...? I have seen screenshots of area's outside of detailed area's and really wondered what you were going on about. ;) This is exactly why I sometimes (as someone said) "rain on your parade": unbridled enthusiasm sometimes make people say things that aren't entirely correct and people simply need to be made aware of that. ;)

In the meantime my copy of AFS2 has yet to finish downloading: I had to lower download speeds because my family started complaining about wifi not working LOL. I hope to share some screenshots of my own somewhere this weekend.

That was about 200 miles outside of the DLC, when I typed that. So, the good coverage extends well past the DLC.  This was in nothern Michigan, where there is no DLC for hundreds of miles.  There is discussion with the Dev's of increasing this to total satisfactory viewing at about 160 gigs of content.  It will happen, sooner than later.

So, if you fly well beyond the DLC, you are still good to go. It doesn't just cut off to low-detail.  Jereon, there are thousands of square miles of VERY detailed scenery that will make your eye's pop. I can wait until Michigan starts getting some detailed DLC, or the world gets upgraded to a better general resolution. No problem whatsoever.  It would take you months/years as it is, to fully explore the South West and other DLC already for downloading.

:)

Someone mentioned somewhere about IPACS considering worldwide coverage at 4.8 metres per pixel, which would be extremely welcome. They also stated that this would be around 160MB, but that is way too low. Does anyone know how much disk space would be required for the entire planet at that resolution? I guess the water would not need to be that detailed, so that eliminates 70% of the total surface area required!

I wondering that myself, but no matter how large...I am really hooked on the entire world as Ortho for this sim. I flew a mind blowing flight of hours yesterday around the South West of the U.S.   The detail was incredible, the immersion was the best I have ever flown in a flight simulator. The FPS made it a sheer joy to run, so...no matter if the view is less than stellar outside of the DLC and a few hundred miles beyond their borders...I simply don't care that much.  I have other paid-for sims, that can cover those areas, until AF 2 brings those areas up to viewmanship.  This sim is fabulous for my needs.  It is a great addition to FSX, P3D, and XP11.  The aforementioned does not make it a redundant acquisition.  Oh..and I never have 'unbridled' enthusiasm. I only have enthusiasm. My level of enthusiasm....   :hi: ...and for most things that interest me. Music, and the instruments I play to make it, to listen to it, wood-carving-general wood working, writing, motorcycling, camping, kayaking, etc...etc...what you see in this forum, is just 'me', in all life endeavors.  Cheers!

I loaded it briefly to set up the various options, but I will need to test those to make sure that (for example) the hat switch on my joystick works properly. However, I noted that flights can be set up for final approach at any runway for all of the airports in the database. That is a really nice touch, and I suspect that this will be my first experience of flight in the simulator. I love messing about doing take offs and landings, so this is right up my street. The fact that the south western USA region is a much, much bigger area than the San Francisco high resolution region in FU3/FU2 just makes it even better!  :smile: 

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png