Sign in to follow this  
Tiviking

Activation JS41 PMDG

Hello to all and happy holidays of end of the year.

I have a little question:

I just installed windows10 on my new hard drive, I reinstalled FSX and the JS41 of PMDG but when activated I have a message that tells me that I activated too many times this device.

Do you know how to reactivate my addon please.

Cordially.

Bonjour à tous et joyeuses fêtes de fin d'année.

J'ai une petite question:

Je viens d'installer windows10 sur mon nouveau disque dur, j'ai réinstallé FSX et le JS41 de PMDG mais lors de l'activation j'ai un message qui me dit que j'ai activé trop de fois cet appareil.

Savez vous comment réactiver mon addon svp.

Cordialement.

I just installed windows10 on my new hard drive, I reinstalled FSX and the JS41 of PMDG but when activated I have a message that tells me that I activated too many times this device.

Submit a ticket using the link in my signature, below:

Kyle Rodgers

I've a problem of a similar but different nature.

I'm on a new Windows 10 install, fresh install of FSX-SE. I've added the 737NGX and got the latest Operations Centre, now I've installed the J41, getting the latest installer via the Aerosoft support site. Having installed it, the Operations Centre sees it (as the J41 FSX-SE version), but the aircraft is inoperable - I've not had any activation dialog appear yet... which probably explains why.

When I re-open the OC and go to the J41 settings page, no options are ticked at all and the refresh rates of the displays are all set to zero.

I'll remove and re-install it tomorrow. Besides changing the default flight to one with the MS Cessna 172 on the ground which has the engine shut down, avionics and battery turned off, it's pretty much a clean install at the moment. I can use Ctrl+E to get the J41 started but it doesn't trigger anything. Also tried swapping aircraft in-game rather than from the menu.

Will report back if I figure it out.

I've a problem of a similar but different nature.

I'm on a new Windows 10 install, fresh install of FSX-SE. I've added the 737NGX and got the latest Operations Centre, now I've installed the J41, getting the latest installer via the Aerosoft support site. Having installed it, the Operations Centre sees it (as the J41 FSX-SE version), but the aircraft is inoperable - I've not had any activation dialog appear yet... which probably explains why.

When I re-open the OC and go to the J41 settings page, no options are ticked at all and the refresh rates of the displays are all set to zero.

I'll remove and re-install it tomorrow. Besides changing the default flight to one with the MS Cessna 172 on the ground which has the engine shut down, avionics and battery turned off, it's pretty much a clean install at the moment. I can use Ctrl+E to get the J41 started but it doesn't trigger anything. Also tried swapping aircraft in-game rather than from the menu.

Will report back if I figure it out.

The OC assumes it's the FSXSE version because you're using FSXSE, but we never got around to making it FSXSE compatible (unlike the OC side of the JS41). What you're seeing is a result of the JS41 not being built to handle FSXSE.

Kyle Rodgers

The OC assumes it's the FSXSE version because you're using FSXSE, but we never got around to making it FSXSE compatible (unlike the OC side of the JS41). What you're seeing is a result of the JS41 not being built to handle FSXSE.

OK, that explains the OC behaviour at least, thanks Kyle. I knew the J41 wasn't officially supported (forgot to mention it) but many have had luck getting it to work.

I have it working now after two steps:

• Running the SimConnect.msi for version 61355 from the SP1 folder (FSX root\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1) - after this the activation window appeared when I selected the J41 from the Free Flight menu.
  • Manually installing the glassga.ttf font into C:\Windows\Fonts from my old Windows install - I moved to a new SSD so still have my old installation available on the old drive. This was mentioned in another thread here, to get the FMC to display any text.

The J41 configurator tool doesn't work via the OC (settings are never updated to the .ini file in the FSX\PMDG directory) but the dedicated link in the Start Menu still works just fine for setting the aircraft's options.

After all that, I still had an issue (which I occasionally saw in boxed FSX) with half of the screen covered by a flickering white texture whilst in the virtual cockpit, but I understand that's due to the icing effects. Having turned them off via the J41 Configuration tool all seems to be fine. Time will tell when I try to fly it! I understand that IAS hold won't function in FSX-SE but I can live without that.