Sign in to follow this  
STAO

A little help?

Hi people!

I'm new to this forum and simulator, and i'm having a huge issue.. Did a clean install according to instructions on my sons laptop. Only programs on the computer is Windows 10. AVG Anti virus program (Disabled) Everything else was deleted off this computer prior to instalation.

My problem is: When starting Prepar3D it starts and comes up with the initial start scene on the runway. After about 10 seconds the page goes black and i get the following message:

This device (AMD Radeon R3 Graphics) stopped working for the following reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE HUNG. Do you want to exit Prepar3D? He has not had any problems running Flight Simulator Steam on this computer.

Specs on laptop is: AMD A4-7210 APU, AMD Radeon R3 Graphics card, 1,80 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 10 64 bit

Getting frustrated here as i can not find any solution. Somebody out there that can help?

Best regards

STAO

A. AMD Processor ( N.G. ) B. AMD Video ( N.G. ) C. Laptop computer ( N.G. ), D. 4 gig Ram ( Way Low ) E. Ram is Probably Shared By Video Card, and is Probably Why You are Getting the Error Message ( N.G. ) F. Processor Speed Slow ( N.G. ) . If You are Serious about Running P3D, You need to "Way" Up Grade Your Computer ( Check the Min Specs ) . When Upgrading, Pay Special Attention to Processor Speed, the faster the Processor, The Better it will run P3D ! Also, Defiantly go with an Intel ( Quad Core ) 4ghz Chip, or Better ! AMD anythings, really don't Cut it !! I am Looking forward to Replacing My AMD machine with at least an Intel i5 Quad Core 4 ghz Chip ! Its not that I Don't like AMD, I Own One, But They Seriously Under Perform, compared to Intel ! - And the Good News is ---------?? - Johnman B)

Hi Johnman and thanks for your reply.

What I still need is an answer on how to go around this problem, if any? He's saving up for a good desktop to run it on, but that's not in the immediate future.

And I know the specs aren't the best on the laptop

Regards

STAO