Sign in to follow this  
Sweeny16

Loading 737 flight from cold/dark setup.

So I'm having an issue with my NGX. Usually, if I start a flight with my engines running and fly a flight plan, if I stop and save my flight then go back and load it, everything is fine. My flight plan and panel is active and I can fly the rest of the way. HOWEVER, if I start up cold and dark and save my flight, when I load the flight the cockpit is dead and I simply fall out of the sky. I can't even press any buttons or anything. It's really frustrating because saving my game and reloading is a huge part in trying to avoid OOM's. I usually save it right before decent so I don't OOM coming into the airport. Plus going cold/dark is way more enjoyable and immersive and the 777 has no issue with it. Anything I can do to solve this?

i am not sure I understand how you find yourself up in the sky and have a cold/dark cockpit at the same time, how did you get up there?......anyway, maybe the confusion is in saving a flight vs saving the panel status?

if you want to save a flight and be able to continue later and find it in the exact way you left it you simply save the flight under menu, this works both in FSX and P3D. Once you re-start a saved flight you have to allow the 20 seconds inizialization but once done everything should be operational and as you left it (sometimes some settings maybe be not exactly as you left them....so you may want to do a quick check all around).

i am not sure I understand how you find yourself up in the sky and have a cold/dark cockpit at the same time, how did you get up there?......anyway, maybe the confusion is in saving a flight vs saving the panel status?

The first time I read the post, I read it just like you did. How did he get a cold and dark panel state in the sky? On second reading I think he meant the first takeoff and flight was saved. This flight used the default NGX panel state. The second flight used a cold and dark panel state which was prepared for takeoff and flight which he did and then saved prior to descent. That save did not work when it was loaded and the fight continued. Is that any clearer or not?

I think the issue lies in the panel state. Even if I save the panel state, when I load back into the sim after saving the flight, everything is dark and I can't even hold down the menu button to bring up any options. I guess I'll just start all my flights from the gate with the engines running. I save my games quite frequently in case I OOM.