Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

ATC Chatter Request

New user here. So far very impressed.  Playing around with the chatter files and have a few suggestions for future.

Seems like we have to choose between Country Folders or Airport Folders.  If I choose Airport Folders then I only get chatter at the handful of airports that I have files for and no chatter at all for the other airports even if I have chatter files in the Country folders. If I choose Country Folders, then I only get the generic Country chatter, even if airport has airport-specific chatter files.  Shouldn't these two options be combined?  If a specific airport has chatter files then P2ATC should use them.  If the airport doesn't have chatter files, then the P2ATC should fallback to use the country files.  In case of US, it should also fall back to the main US folder.

Also, would be nice if P2ATC didn't always start with the first chatter file available.  This means I always here the exact same conversation when I tune to a controller.  Should pick a random file and then proceed in order from there.  This way if I have 200 files, I will hear a different conversation almost every time.

Thanks.

I will add your suggestion to the future enhancements list.

You might also want to try the RealATC Chatter (Controller Option).  You get hundreds of edited Chatter files for each controller and the program remembers which one you played last so you get to hear them all after several flights.

Of course, you could populate the Controller folders yourself, but the RealATC download is a real bargain in my opinion.

Dave

• Upvote 1