Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

B744v3 FSX landing at LGAV (cockpit view)

Very nice, thanx brother.

Question, are the FPS too low to land by hand?

spacer.png

Question, are the FPS too low to land by hand?

Doesn't look like it. Keep in mind that part of beta testing is to make sure that the systems work properly. This can't be done if you don't test them.

Kyle Rodgers

Right, from my own FSX experience, some high detail airports KILL FPS and make it impossible to hand fly to the runway due to stuttering.

With P3D, comversely, with its better code optimization and GPU leveraging, not such an issue so far for me.

spacer.png

The fox are the same even better than the 777 on my system. As Kyle wrote we need to test as much as we can and since there was a nice wind I wanted to test the autoland till the end ;)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi guys,

I hope very much that you will not get me wrong with what I am going to say. Its only meant as a constructive critisism. Also I am  completely aware about things still beiing in beta etc....So just want to share  my impressions

Everything I saw in all the pics and videos from beta so far amazes me - great .....

except the touchdown sounds.....

I cant help it but comparing to videos from real life (I mainly take those as a reference which I think have good quality :https://www.youtube.com/user/pilotchannel1/videos)  I get the impression that the engine sounds are bit  too loud (for example the spooling down to idle is almost not audible in the real videos in relation to other ambient sounds) and the spoiler deployment sounds comes bit too late (in the realthing videos that is almost always the very first thing you here on touchdown !)

Also I cant hear any rattling sound on touchdown and especially when the nosegear comes down.....Thats also very charakteristik  in reallife videos

So ,just some thoughts...maybe I just cant spot it right in the beta videos

best regards and a happy new year to all in advance

I get the impression that the engine sounds are bit  too loud (for example the spooling down to idle is almost not audible in the real videos in relation to other ambient sounds)

Comparing the whole sim to an action cam being held by an observer?

...versus our professional recording equipment.

and the spoiler deployment sounds comes bit too late (in the realthing videos that is almost always the very first thing you here on touchdown !)

How are you judging this timing?

Also I cant hear any rattling sound on touchdown and especially when the nosegear comes down.....Thats also very charakteristik  in reallife videos

There's a little bit of it at 9:19 in this video. The effect is dynamic, however.

best regards and a happy new year to all in advance

Full names in your posts, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Very nice video. Did you use more reverser at the end to get off on the high speed taxiway but didn't make it? I watched the video and like "oh nope not happening" 

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Looking really nice!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If those were GE engines, I must admit the sounds are so much better than they were when I last heard them. Well done! (Those were GE engines, right?)

@Irimi, a few weeks ago I commented that I thought the sounds were actually not loud enough, and now you complain they are too loud? Apart from the fact that video audio is no good measurement for sound volume, I don't even understand your comment, because from the videos that you posted, the engines are VERY loud and very audible. I can't comment on all engine types, but I know that the engines of the GE variant are VERY loud from the cockpit. If you don't like it, remember you can always change the relative engine volume in your sound settings.

About the speedbrake sound: it looks like you might be right. As far as I have seen the speedbrake sound is audible at the precise moment of the radio altitude reading " -2 ". In the beta video it is audible around 0.5 to 1 second later, I estimate.

Touchdown sounds: I think they could be made a little bit louder as well.

Very nice video! and thank you for the post! I do have a question if yall dont mind answering.

Is it common practice for the 744 to open nose cargo like in the video? never seen that before, and i think it is awesome! just like ive never seen the cargo containers that ive seen in the sim, in the US i only see the belt loaders. Just geewiz stuff i am curious about, not trying to be an askhole :)

Thanks again for the video! gets me even more excited for its debut!

Tyler Sexton

first of all excuse my bad English, its not my mother language

but I was hoping that  I nevertheless  had been very clear saying that I was talking about my completely subjective impressions only (which however at least  in case of the spoiler sounds sombody else seems to understand) to avoid that anybody gets offended.

Unfortunateley it seems I didnt have much success ...so I will just let it be. no problem

maybe only one last word: professional recording equipment is great, but for example musicians fear it because they are like microscopes  making things audible which a normal ear wouldnt even hear live. So what gets recorded sometimes is not what a listener will hear in reality.

again best wishes for all of you

Benedikt

Very nice video. Did you use more reverser at the end to get off on the high speed taxiway but didn't make it? I watched the video and like "oh nope not happening"

The reason for not making it to the initial high speed taxiway is because my pedals are starting to show their age :( There is some kind of blockage and I must take them apart and clean them. The reason for the more reverse is cause I forgot I was flying the F model. The cargo terminal is further than the passenger and after I remembering it I tried to stop quicker for shorter taxi time :)

Very nice video! and thank you for the post! I do have a question if yall dont mind answering.

Is it common practice for the 744 to open nose cargo like in the video? never seen that before, and i think it is awesome! just like ive never seen the cargo containers that ive seen in the sim, in the US i only see the belt loaders. Just geewiz stuff i am curious about, not trying to be an askhole :)

Thanks again for the video! gets me even more excited for its debut!

On the F model I believe is common. It gives better access to the main cargo.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents,

One of the things I noticed was the audio phasing and resolution reduction in the video - that is most likely due to the video capture settings.  So the audio in the video is not a true reflection of the sound quality and resolution that is experienced in the simulator.

Arjen, it was the GE engines but to give you a better idea, I have attached a link to an audio recording of a GE takeoff I just made and you can hear that the resolution is much clearer and does not exhibit the phasing effects that were in the video.  Still beta though !!

Download the file before attempting to play it - the size is 33 MB.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3x2SwXtkZeseXRLMFdOYzJ2Zzg/view?usp=sharing

We have programmed an unpredictable taxi / takeoff / rollout sound model which creates a random nose wheel bump and cockpit equipment rattling experience that will guarantee a unique takeoff and landing every single flight.   You will notice some of that in the recording I just added.  Also, the main gear and nose gear touchdown sounds are also randomised from a pool of various sounds - the volume of them being proportional to the main gear and nose gear touchdown impact forces - so they will be louder on the harder landings!  The 747 does not have as much nose wheel impact sound as the 777 but I have turned it up a bit for the next beta version based on the feedback here.

• Upvote 2

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thank you Armen, I actually quite like it right now. I think the whine is pretty well done, but the roar at full power is, from my view, still a bit different. But considering it's in beta, and looking at the quick progress, I am sure you'll get everything right in the end.