Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

B744v3 FSX landing at LGAV (cockpit view)

Gents,

One of the things I noticed was the audio phasing and resolution reduction in the video - that is most likely due to the video capture settings.

Armen, if you are the person ultimately responsible for the sound packages of the 737 and the 777, I just want to express my appreciation for all that you bring to these simulations. Just as excited as many people are over the external visuals, so am I over the sound packages. In fact, I would go so far as to confess that for me the immersion of the sounds of the planes are even more important than the detailed external visuals. Thank you for a great job.

Edit

And if you think getting that one letter wrong was bad, you should have seen what my first attempt at correcting it looked like. Errare human est ... but it says nothing about being hopeless :fool:

Arjen, if you are the person ultimately responsible for the sound packages of the 737 and the 777, I just want to express my appreciation for all that you bring to these simulations. Just as excited as many people are over the external visuals, so am I over the sound packages. In fact, I would go so far as to confess that for me the immersion of the sounds of the planes are even more important than the detailed external visuals. Thank you for a great job.

Same here! Bad sounds would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I always feel like visuals are 100% spot-on, but never the sounds. That applies for any addon, there has in my opinion never been anyone who got the sounds absolutely spot on. TSS, PMDG and FSLabs (and a few more) are getting better and better with every addon.

By the way, watch out who you are giving credit for the soundset. Armen, (not me, Arjen) deserves all the credit. :D Just a one letter difference.

Is it common practice for the 744 to open nose cargo like in the video? never seen that before, and i think it is awesome!

Whilst the nose door is available for use, at my local airport, the nose doors were only used if there were items too long to go in the side door. There are quite a few motorised latches around the circumference of the nose door... with complicated electronics.... best to leave it alone :Tounge:  Due to the large shifts in C of G (centre of gravity) during cargo loading, it's best to load the cargo on the main and lower decks in a specific order... otherwise the aircraft may tip on its tail. If this cannot be done, a large "tail strut" is fitted. Even so, the loading process is critical. The load on the tail strut should be monitored throughout the loading process (there is a pressure gauge on the strut). 

Meanwhile.. back to the video...  (backseat driver here) ... Why is there ice forming on your engine nacelles? :wink:

For the too loud/too soft engine sound guys...  You really don't want authentic sound levels in your simulator. Otherwise you will go deaf. There is a reason why 747-400 pilots now wear noise-cancelling headsets and that Boeing fitted an extra pane of glass on the cockpit side windows on their later aircraft :wink: (see PMDG options list for window type). Unfortunately, this makes the maintenance engineers' jobs a little more difficult. The window heat sensors on the side windows are now behind those extra panes of glass :fool: 

Cheers

John H Watson (former dogsbody)

P.S. oooh... Just saw the registration of that aircraft and realised I may have worked on it. Do Atlas have memory devices on their control columns? I can't recall seeing any.