Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

Wing Creation 30% Off Sale

I noticed that Wing Creation has a 30% off sale. 

I've been looking for a good RJAA and the Wing Creation looks very nice.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  I've read mixed reviews so I'm unsure. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I bought Narita in their last sale and like it. I read complaints about performance etc but I can say it performs as well as any payware airport that size for me.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I bought Narita in their last sale and like it. I read complaints about performance etc but I can say it performs as well as any payware airport that size for me.

Narita is such a core hub out there.  From looking at it on Simmarket, the textures look dull and blurry, some of the vegetation looks flat.  Buildings look well done.  Is it just the photos?  Hard to tell.  One thing I would wish is that they'd do a PacSim kind of treatment of the surrounding area. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Performance and the quality is good. At 30% off I believe it is well worth it. Yes it's slighty dull, it doesnt have the PacSim color to it at all. I enjoy it and I paid full price .. no regrets.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

One thing I would wish is that they'd do a PacSim kind of treatment of the surrounding area.

Gregg,

Do you know if any of the other developers are working on RJAA?

blaustern

From looking at it on Simmarket, the textures look dull and blurry, some of the vegetation looks flat.

That's not just the pictures--this description is spot on. Also, performance is significantly worse than comparable large hubs from other developers, unfortunately. At 30% off I'd consider it if you're interested in RJAA, though.

James

That's not just the pictures--this description is spot on. Also, performance is significantly worse than comparable large hubs from other developers, unfortunately. At 30% off I'd consider it if you're interested in RJAA, though.

I consider RJAA somewhat essential to the Far East area, but with marginal performance and marginal visuals, I can't see why I'd buy it.  It really needs an upgrade no matter who does it.  I say PacSim since they do a whole package, beautiful areas around a beautiful airport. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The difficulty and cost of obtaining airports in Japan were discussed on the Avsim Forum in 2015: http://www.avsim.com/topic/472191-japanese-airports-for-fsx/?hl=%2Bjapan+%2Bairports#entry3273721

Between the current Wing sale and a similar reduction for Pac Sim Japanese (and other) airports at PC Aviator Australia, now is a good opportunity to obtain a good spread of the country's airports at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, when I got mine, I paid full price for all except Narita (which had been the first Wing Creation airport I had looked at but decided, at the time, that it was too expensive).

I have all of the Wing Creation ones but don't have Hiroshima installed (I bought it when it was first released because I thought that it looked more realistic in the screenshots than the Pac Sim version which I had bought and installed about a month earlier but I still haven't got around to doing an uninstall/install).

Overall, I have been satisfied with the Japanese airports by Wing Creation and Pac Sim and they have represented value for money for me.

Gary

I noticed that Wing Creation has a 30% off sale. 

I've been looking for a good RJAA and the Wing Creation looks very nice.  Does anyone have any experience with it?  I've read mixed reviews so I'm unsure. 

blaustern

I bought RJAA on sale and have installed it.  I think it is very good.  I flew in there using the PMDG B777, AS16, Vector and Global.  There were no VAS issues with my 4 year old, run of the mill computer. 

blaustern