Sign in to follow this  
thissmallfish

Post-touch down Touch and Go procedure problem

Guys,

I've got FS2Crew working flawlessly up until the moment that the FO selects flaps 15 during the roll out. At this point, I'm expecting something along the lines of "stand up" or "set thrust" but I'm getting nothing. If I set thrust to 50-60% he still remains silent. FS2Crew stays on take-off roll with "DM" flashing in the info bar. All the other touch and go commands/call outs/checks work perfectly.

SOP1

Is there a trigger phrase or action that I'm missing? Come to think of it, do I need to hit the TO/GA button to initiate this? I wouldn't have thought so, given that I'm flying the rest of the circuit fully manual but I'll give it a try and see what happens. I'll also try just coasting down the runway and see if I can make him anxious ;)

Cheers in advance,

We'll double check the manual... I think you need to apply takeoff thrust... we can't "read" if you've pressed the TOGA button I recall.

Also, DM stands for "Descent Mode".

Cheers,

Ya, knew about the DM thing just thought every bit of detail would help diagnose ;)

Strange what you're reporting about TO thrust. I guess hitting TO/GA must create some flag within the SDK that FS2Crew sees as TO thrust being set that doesn't get set when you manually aim for the N1 bugs. I'd be interested to know what SOP is in the instance. I would hazard a guess that hitting TO/GA is preferable (obviously still works with A/T off) because then you're not going to overshoot the bugs like you can when you're trying to aim at them manually while simultaneously tracking the centre-line!

Seeing as I've opened a thread (and to keep the forum tidy) I'd like to congratulate you in here on FS2Crew Reboot. I think it's a big step up from your previous (already excellent) products and I've noticed that there's now a lot of similar phraseology for the 737 and Aerosoft Airbus which makes transitioning between the two much easier. I'd love to see some of the improvements to the 737 version added to the other products over time as they really flesh out the experience.

Cheers