Sign in to follow this  
Bina

External scenery locations

Hi there,

I apologize if this has been asked before but I have searched the forum before posting this. Anyway, here is the point.

Options ->> Scenery Library Database tab is a nice feature that allows to exclude unnecessary folders from scanning. But is it also possible to add external BGL locations not included in scenery.cfg?

Eg., I have a folder with BGLs of worldwide waypoints / fixes that I would like to use in flight planning only. In fact, they're useless in the sim since I do my flight planning before launching FSX and use in-flight GPS with updated navdata from 3rd party addons, which still depict waypoints even if they are unavailable in FSX. But being able to add external folders would help a lot during the pre-flight preparation with Little Navmap outside the sim...

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Hi Victor,

you can create a copy of the "scenery.cfg" as a workaround. Then add your external BGL locations to it using absolute paths.

Select the customized "scenery.cfg" in Little Navmap and reload the database.

A bit cumbersome, I know. This will be solved properly when I add support for the native (not BGL based) AIRAC data updates.

Alex

• Upvote 2

Not cumbersome at all. :) I wonder why I didn't think about this before. I did as you advised: appended the database, then deleted the extra bgl location layer from scenery.cfg before launching FSX - Little Navmap is happy (hope v1.22 doesn't crash due to added 'link to bgl folder' feature), FSX is not bothered...

Thanks a lot, Alex! And Happy New Year!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec