Sign in to follow this  
richie894

X-Plane noob, 757, 767 or 777?

Which Boeing?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Boeing for first X-Plane payware purchase?

• FlightFactor 757
    • FlightFactor 767
    • Flightfactor 777
    • Other - please write in comments if I am missing a killer aircraft.

I had an epiphany a couple of nights ago and planning to ditch p3d for a while to check out xplane 11 when it is released.

I want to get a Boeing as my first payware plane. Can't decide between 757, 767 and 777. Are they all at a similar level in terms of systems and performance? Want to be able to program SIDS/ STARS, holds etc all the usual things. Not keen on the IXEG 737-200 or the 727, as they're a little too "classic" for me.

Any feedback will be welcomed.

I had an epiphany a couple of nights ago and planning to ditch p3d for a while to check out xplane 11 when it is released.

I want to get a Boeing as my first payware plane. Can't decide between 757, 767 and 777. Are they all at a similar level in terms of systems and performance? Want to be able to program SIDS/ STARS, holds etc all the usual things. Not keen on the IXEG 737-200 or the 727, as they're a little too "classic" for me.

Any feedback will be welcomed.

The IXEG is a 733 so about the same age as a 767/757. Anyways I would go for the 757 followed by the 767. Don't even consider the 777 as it needs a major update.

I am just not a big fan of the 737 classic and want to study and fly an aircraft I like IRL.

None of them are ready for prime time in XP11 - you will have to wait - hope PMDG will get a heavy made for XP11 asap 

the Jardesign A330 is pretty nice but also not ready until at least XP1 PB4 - bought it but gear is not going up cl mode doesnt works as far as I can tell - developer said to wait but bought it anyway as the exterior has been updated for XP11 rendering and looks really good

Rich Sennett

None of them are ready for prime time in XP11 - you will have to wait

Not sure where you got this from but both the 757 and 767 have received XP11 compatibility updates already.

Not sure where you got this from but both the 757 and 767 have received XP11 compatibility updates already.

Please show me where it states they have been updated for new XP11 rendering capability - PBR - thanks - if they are not I am not interested until they are

I do my home work

Stated by developer so its not XP11 complete yet

All full XP11 upgrades will ONLY come after XP11 has become stable, FPS has been restored to XP10 level etc. (hopefully this will also be around XP11.1)

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/109949-official-xp11-policy/

Rich Sennett

Please show me where it states they have been updated for new XP11 rendering capability - PBR - thanks - if they are not I am not interested until they are

Perhaps it is a different interpretation of "ready for prime time" in your first post.

Both aircraft have received the first type of update mentioned in the post by FF that you linked:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/112162-boeing-757-200-version-2016-simple-xp11-compatible/

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/112161-b767-version-1122-simple-xp11-compatible/

As the 757v2 will include the XP11 feature update (such as PBR, particles, etc) free of charge, there is no reason for OP to not purchase this aircraft if he is interested in the 757. 

And OP, the 757 certainly does all the things mentioned by you. It is a *very* good airliner simulation.

Also with the 757 update today there is no problems with it now to fly.

Further refined later with all latest goodies coming with XP11 full release.

Trevor Golding

Perhaps it is a different interpretation of "ready for prime time" in your first post.

1+

Rich Sennett

The poll is a hypothetical based upon all versions working in XP11. I will obviously only purchase whatever is compliant with the platform at the time.

I have the 757 and 767. I would say the 767. The interface is nice to load passengers, fuel, in flight messages, etc.. Checklist process very good. Very nice FMC. Though it is not fully XP11 compatible. I found this out when I wanted to drag the FMC to a separate monitor. It hasn't been "windowed" yet. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Hi Richie!  Go with the 757v2!  It's absolutely fantastic, just recently updated, and will include full updates through the XP11 life cycle.

I bought it last week and have had an absolute blast learning it and just flying it around.  Awesome aircraft, every bit as good as my PMDG 737 or 777.

Plus, they included a great virtual tablet that you can pull up while flying and adjust just about anything.  Very impressed with this package.

I still mostly fly in XP10, but it fully supports XP11 (which I also own, and the 757v2 works just fine there).  I just still prefer XP10 until XP11 is properly updated with better performance.

Good luck and enjoy!

I have the 757 and 767. I would say the 767. The interface is nice to load passengers, fuel, in flight messages, etc.. Checklist process very good. Very nice FMC.

FWIW all of that applies to the 757v2 as well.