Sign in to follow this  
hpwells1

Panel builder will not connect.

A while ago I had panel builder working in my flight simulator but I had some problems with my motion platform working so I did not use panel builder.  However now I do need some of the gauges for my flight sim "BUT" I am not able to connect to FSX using the interface. (some screen gives me a quick flash message) and than gone.  I have since that time moved Microsoft flight simulator to another drive on my computer (from C to E drive).  Is there something I need to do that should make this program work?

HP wells

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have .Net 4.6.1, SP-2,Microsoft Flight Sim X and version 2.94 of panel builder installed.  This is a (64 bit) system but like I said before I am using another  Hard Drive (E), for FSX.  all other addons are in the C drive and everything else works well. This system is "not" connected to the internet.  On my other computer that is connected to the internet, (32 bit) all works well.  One note, the icon on my 32 bit system for the sims connect has  highlighted red letters IF on it and the one on my platform system 64 bit, does not have this. 

HP Wells

That sounds like you are running 2 different versions. When you update Panel Builder you also need to update the Interface. This is a separate uninstall/install. What is the actual error message you are getting? What drive is the Interface installed on?

The error message is "Sims Plugin Has Stopped Working" I need to keep clicking on the icon to read this message.  The interface and the panel builder are both on my E drive.  I think that this may be my problem?   The Sims interface on my 32 bit system is 2.97

HP Wells

Since you say you have moved FSX from C:\ to E:\ I suspect Panel Builders is still looking for it on the C:\ drive, despite what others have said.

A simple fix could be to run the free download Flight 1 Repair Tool which locates where your new FSX registry is located and establishes the "links" to other programs that need to know that information.

You can download it here.   http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library  Fourth item down on the list.   As I said, it's free from Flight 1.  Also, as I said, that is only a suspicion, as I do not know for sure this will fix your problem.

Randy

Try installing Panel Builder on your C: Drive and see if this fixes the problem. FSX should be fine on E:.

I posted the wrong info early.  what I meant to say was the interface and panel builder are both on my "C" Drive. I will try the repair tool and see what that does.

HP Wells

replying back, repair tool did not work for me, when I opened it I checked Repair FSX Registry Path and that opened Doc. Library looking for a file name? so I doubled clicked on Flight Simulator X Files, said no items matched your search??  I don't know what to do next.

HP Wells

There is one other possibility why you get the error.

Are you using the same windows user id as when you installed Panel Builder (and the interface)?

If not or if you are not sure, I suggest you remove Panel Builder and the Panel Builder FSX Interface and re-install it using the same user id you want to use it with.

HP,

I checked Repair FSX Registry Path and that opened Doc. Library looking for a file name? so I doubled clicked on Flight Simulator X Files

It is looking for the location of your FSX.EXE file.  That would be in E:\ where you installed FSX.  "Flight Simulator X" files are where default flightplans and weather conditions are saved, not the executable.

After you start F1 Repair Tool, browse to your E:\ drive, find the file "FSX.exe" and click on it.  Should give you a prompt that registry path has been corrected or replaced, or something like that.

Randy

OK- the Repair tool worked , but I still cannot open the Sims Interface.  I have done a uninstall / reinstall about four times now.  The panel Builder works fine but the Sims Interface will not open???  I have  installed both the panel builder and Sims Connect into the "E" drive and panel builder worked but not Sims Connect.???  I am not sure just what you mean by user ID?  It does not ask me for that when I do the Install.  I am not running the computer as administrator if that is what you mean.

HP Wells

The user id you use when you log into windows. When you start your computer it normally asks you to log in. This is the windows user id.

Once you know the user id, you can check if you have the following folder and files:

Folder you should have (its installed)

C:\Users\[WINDOWS USER NAME HERE]\AppData\Roaming\simplugins\PanelManagerPRO

File you need for interface in the folder above (its also installed):

simPluginsFSX.ini

Are you sure you have SP2 for FSX Installed? This is required because it contains the simconnect files required for FSX.

Please verify if you have the folder and file I listed above. It would be good if I can get an error message.

Reinhard

I have the folder and the file, however there is no .ini at the end of the file.  (simPluginsFSX)   I do have SP2 for FSX installed.  I took a picture of this folder but I am unable to post it here??.

HP Wells

The .ini is just not showing (that's the default in windows). At least you got that file.

It still looks to me like that simconnect is not correctly installed on your computer, that's why simPluginsFSX crashes on startup.

I suggest maybe to reinstall SP2.