Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

New release from EZDOC!

I remember back in 2004/2005 there was this developer called DBS, created a program called Walk & Follow. Never heard them complaining about a 'new program in town' when EZDOK came around... just sayin'

Anyways, Happy New Year and may all developers have a fantastic year!

Guest JustanotherPilot

Guys

Let the dev's fight it out, but I for one was turned off Chaseplane by the fact that you have to have an online connection all the time to use it. What happens when your connection is down? You cannot use the product you paid for. To me, this is an extreme way to combat piracy.

Because of this, I will wait patiently for the 3rd and purchase Ezdok ver 2. 

Gotta agree with you on that one, my internet was down  for 3 days after storms, had to revert back to EzDok, which turned out to be quite enjoyable as I created more camera views for the 737NGX -  which were better than the original I had made. I'm pretty sure I'll buy any new version, discount or not.

Is this true?

That's what I'm inferring from the promotional video in post #8.

I could be wrong, though. Maybe I didn't understand it correctly. :smile:

This episode does tarnish things a little in my mind. I am most definitely on the market for one of these two programs. Chaseplane dev is known for good support. Not so much with EZdok dev. Now EZdok dev is showing a fairly aggressive approach to competition after having somewhat ignored the sim community until a new and better product came out onto the market.

How not to win friends and customers...

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guest JustanotherPilot

Another plus in favor of Ezdok is using on multi PC's in multi platforms, I have EzDok on my desktop PC with Prepar3D and laptop using FSX-SE. Chase Plane only allows one installation in one only platform.

This episode does tarnish things a little in my mind. I am most definitely on the market for one of these two programs. Chaseplane dev is known for good support. Not so much with EZdok dev. Now EZdok dev is showing a fairly aggressive approach to competition after having somewhat ignored the sim community until a new and better product came out onto the market.

How not to win friends and customers...

+1. I think Mr EZdok will lose some sales over this. He forgot we have more chooses now.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

+1. I think Mr EZdok will lose some sales over this. He forgot we have more chooses now.

I remember years ago, I think around the time P3D 2.0 came out...someone saying he was sick.  There was a lot of worry that there wouldn't be an EZDoc available for P3D.  Not sure if it was true or not.  Honestly, he'd have made more money if he'd have made more versions.  Ah well.  Like I've said, my internet can go down a number of times a day, usually for a few minutes...sometimes longer.  I just don't want the angst of starting the sim and having no viewer when it comes up. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I personally will not be getting Ezdok for two reasons: 

1. The Ezdok guy gave absolutely no support, no updates, he gave absolutely NOTHING until Keven showed up. Ezdok guy had YEARS to update, create, modify, improve his program, non of this happened until now? He said (in his video) that it was a "long development phase" shut the ***** up. The only reason why we are seeing Ezdok v2 coming out is only because he wont have any more income coming in from his original program. Who the hell would buy an old and BUGGY program if you have a more modern one (Chase Plane). Im personally done with the Ezdok developer- He will not get a single cent from me any more. In my eyes he is a complete "a whole". 

2. I really didnt like his post in Russian. And I really would like to ask him is he thinks TrackHat and TrackIr stole his ideas as well?! lol (Thats sarcasm). As I said above- He had years to develop and update his software that crashed Thousands of times on our PC's, but he didnt care. 

As far as Chsase Plane goes: 

I'm sure that Kevin is reading the comments here and will maybe consider creating an "offline mode" so people without any internet connection can use his product as well. Yes, Chase Plane is priced a little high, I absolutely agree, but Im more than confident that Chase Plane will bring much more joy to me than Ezdok ever did. 

Regards, 

Now EZdok dev is showing a fairly aggressive approach to competition after having somewhat ignored the sim community until a new and better product came out onto the market.

We are not sure this is the EZDOC developer.  In fact, I doubt it is.  His posts in another topic in the X-Plane forum introducing X-Enviro shows a very good command of the English language.

Happy New Year!

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The opus fsi cameras are even better, but this opus fsx video shows well.

There are other options.......

Would be good to know if it really was EZdok dev / owner, hope not, but if it was. I hope Flight Sim Community give the right answer for them.