Sign in to follow this  
wyodeacon

Another fatal error crash, but different

I have also posted this on flightsim but thought maybe someone will see it who doesn't go there.  Hope that's ok.

About two months ago I bought a new computer and, of course, it came with windows 10. I read as much as I could about the FSX problems, then went ahead and began installing FSX Deluxe. Everything went well all the way through FS Global Asia, Europe, and the Americas. I kept starting FSX to make sure the installs went well. I was finally installing Aerosoft products (the first 5-6 went well) then all the sudden I got the "fatal error msg. I rebooted the computer then tried to start FSX but after just a few seconds the message comes on the FSX shuts down.
I have installed the UIAutomationCore.dll but ran into a bit of a problem as there was no compatability setting for windows 10. So, I chose Win 7 but it didn't help.
I have tried pretty much everything I could find on this subject short of re-installing FSX.  Could someone help me?

Here is my error log:

Faulting module path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ui.dll
Report Id: 9e963afd-ce14-11e6-895d-58fb846262d5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-12-29T22:17:44.672732100Z" />
<EventRecordID>10870</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-8P61SBB</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
<Data>46fadb14</Data>
<Data>ui.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
<Data>46fadb59</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0003c963</Data>
<Data>1a68</Data>
<Data>01d262215cf9cf75</Data>
<Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ui.dll</Data>
<Data>9e963afd-ce14-11e6-895d-58fb846262d5</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

I have installed the UIAutomationCore.dll but ran into a bit of a problem as there was no compatability setting for windows 10. So, I chose Win 7 but it didn't help.

I have never heard of anyone doing this. There are two possible versions of the uiautomationcore.dll that goes into the main FSX folder (see page 26, AVSIM CTD Guide - link to guide in my signature) but only if you are having menu crashes (repeatedly right clicking in the VC and selecting a menu at least 19 times).  It fixes nothing else.

When you first start up FSX, the modules located in your dll.xml and exe.xml are loaded.  Also loaded are any modules (.dll's) in your main FSX directory.  If any are missing or corrupted, FSX will not start.  This is why we recommend moving the dll.xml and exe.xml (or renaming them), restarting FSX and see if this fixes the problem at startup.  If it does, then you need to investigate which module is causing the crashes (pages 13/14, AVSIM CTD Guide).  In the past it has been an outdated fsuipc.dll or a corrupted module for the Aerosoft A320 - http://www.avsim.com/topic/489820-uidll-crashes-fsx-on-startup/.  But it could be any module.  Modules, like the fsuipc.dll, are updated to fix bugs or make it compatible with the applications.  The fact you got a crashes after installing Aerosoft products is a clue.  Make sure you installed the products with Admin Rights.  I think the ui.dll manages utilities and, when a utility is not working right, it creates a crash.  Something like that.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

as for the UIAutomationCore.dll:  This is a fix recommended on flightsim to stop these fatal errors.  I think I know why you don't know of it.  It doesn't work!

I found something interesting.  When I went to uninstall the Aerosoft sceneries they were not in the installed programs lists. Maybe this is a difference in Win 10, but on Win 7 they showed up and could be uninstalled.  I'm not sure how to get them uninstalled unless I uninstall FSX.

Thanks for taking the time to educate me.

as for the UIAutomationCore.dll: This is a fix recommended on flightsim to stop these fatal errors. I think I know why you don't know of it. It doesn't work!

Uh, I do know about it.  That's why it is in the AVSIM CTD Guide and I state there it doesn't work (except, supposedly, to fix menu crashes which I have tried to replicate but still no joy as I can't make my sim crash).

I would suggest the installation of your Aerosoft products, perhaps the last one or when the crashes started occurring.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

oops, sorry about that.

Maybe you can answer another question:  I installeed FSX directly to my C drive rather than Program files (X86).  Does this have something to do with why very few of my installed FSX programs show up in the uninstall menu?  Are they installing somewhere else?

Listen, thanks again for your help.  I do appreciate it.

Gary

Installing FSX directly to your C drive (or D Drive, etc.) and not in the default folder has no bearing on what is included or not included in the Add/Remove Programs list.  If a program is not installed using the Windows Installer (MSI), the program will not be included in the Add/Remove Programs list. 

In order to understand the process you need to understand how add/remove programs works - https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/2238-how-add-remove-programs-works.

Before you go to the link, here is why your installed program is not listed in the Add/Remove Program list:

The System Registry handles whether a program is listed in the Add/Remove Program list.  Some programs simply are not included in the Add/Remove Programs list as they have no uninstaller or they were installed manually.  It is up to the developer to determine whether he wants to have his product listed in the Add/Remove Programs list.  If the System Registry shows your program in the uninstall section of the System Registry, you need to click on your program and then look in the right panel and look for SystemComponent.  It should not be listed there but, if it is, the DWORD would be 0x00000000 (0).  This means the file will be shown in the Add/Remove list.  If the DWORD shows a (1) parameter at the end, it means the program will not be listed in the Add/Remove Program list.

This is usually done on purpose as the developer wants you to use another means to uninstall the program.  For instance, I installed the Intel Chipset Device Software or a Driver program did it.  The SystemComponent entry for that is 0x000000001 (1) which means it will not be listed in the Add/Remove Programs.  Drivers like this are uninstalled via the Device Manager Program where I look up the device, click on the Driver tab and then 'uninstall this device'.  Microsoft does not want you to uninstall the device driver via the Add/Remove programs and I suggest that would be unwise too.

Here's another link that might be of interest.  It's for Windows 7 but it also should apply to Windows 10 users too - http://superuser.com/questions/884192/most-programs-not-visible-in-programs-and-features-in-windows-7.

See what you learn here at AVSIM?  You should never ever go to one of those other FS sites for help!   :Peace: 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim.  I have my assignment for today!  Meanwhile, I went ahead and uninstalled Acceleration then did a repair of FSX.  It seems to have worked as everything loads correctly now.  I really do appreciate your help.  You're right, I should never go to any other FS site!

Gary