Sign in to follow this  
Trustdesa

Update standard FSX Database, have you tried this?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you have tried the following: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html to update the standard FSX navigational aids (VORs, NDBs) in selectable world areas.

It would be a good addition (especially considering that I am real world private pilot so it would be good practice) however I also use VOXATC (for the same reason) and I am not sure how the two would work together.

I am aware that on some models you can get Navigraph data however on some smaller GA airplane the only way is to use the built in database (an external FMC on a Cessna would be quite a joke).

If you have used it and want to share your feedback :)

I've updated the whole lot. I haven't had any problems so far, however,it may be down to the types of flying I do:-

I haven't yet programmed an FMC - some of the freeware heavy metal I have don't have them. Those that do, I have not used their FMCs. I use onlineflightplanner to get a plan in FSX format, load it up to the sim and go. I only use stock ATC which as we all know has its faults! I haven't even activated any approaches in the GPS. I let the ATC vector me to an appropriate approach ;)

The only issue I've seen is if you try and use the FSX flight planner - it won't see the up to date intersections and fixes (documented on the navaid website FAQs I think). Direct seems to work as does VOR to VOR.

So, for me, yes it works great. I would assume that any new airports/runways built since FSX came out are catered for, as far as navaids go.. I've not actually verified this apart from some of the freeware airports I have do have different layouts and they work.An added bonus is that FSX should have the same frequencies in it as displayed on real world charts.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I've updated the whole lot. I haven't had any problems so far, however,it may be down to the types of flying I do:-

I haven't yet programmed an FMC - some of the freeware heavy metal I have don't have them. Those that do, I have not used their FMCs. I use onlineflightplanner to get a plan in FSX format, load it up to the sim and go. I only use stock ATC which as we all know has its faults! I haven't even activated any approaches in the GPS. I let the ATC vector me to an appropriate approach ;)

The only issue I've seen is if you try and use the FSX flight planner - it won't see the up to date intersections and fixes (documented on the navaid website FAQs I think). Direct seems to work as does VOR to VOR.

So, for me, yes it works great. I would assume that any new airports/runways built since FSX came out are catered for, as far as navaids go.. I've not actually verified this apart from some of the freeware airports I have do have different layouts and they work.An added bonus is that FSX should have the same frequencies in it as displayed on real world charts.

I tend to fly VFR and I can't stand FSX ATC especially flying normally I like my basic services etc... so VoxATC is great, I know it breaks the flight planner however even for VFR I use "PlanG" which is great.

It would be beneficial to know if, for when I like to fly IFR, GPS Approaches etc... work properly :)