Sign in to follow this  
FLY757X

Settings & Tweaks to make my Sim run and look Better

Hello, I recently reset my PC, My Sim was running great for a while but recently the Framerate has been all over the place between 20-50. My Sim just does it out of the Blue. It also doesn't look as well as it did back before I reset my PC. I also unparked my CPU and that might have had a hit to the stability of my Frames.

I Run P3D V3.3.5

ORBX FTX Global & OpenLC EU

Many addon airport sceneries

Many aircraft like the PMDG NGX and the 777

Graphical enhancements like REX and AS16 with REX SC

My System: 

i7 4790K @ 4.5GHz

GTX960 2GB Model

8GB 2400 MHz RAM

Seagate 1TB barracuda Drive

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Jamie

I recommend you to upgrade to the most recent version of P3D (v3.4.18.19475) and to use PTA to enhance the visuals.

You can find PTA here: http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi there! i will defiantly go for P3D V3.4 but one thing I've realised with PTA is that it doesn't seem to apply into my Shaders in P3D

If you go to the PTA website and read the instructions you'll good to go.

Anyway, the most important part of it is to have the original P3D shaders in your ShadersHLSL folder located in the main P3D directory. If you upgrade to P3Dv3.4, the Client installer I think will install those original files for you, so you'll be set to go and apply your PTA. You should first select within PTA your desired "tweaks", i.e. your preferences or preset (the new PTA v2.0 is quite good at this, as it has examples in pictures showing the effect of most of the tweaks), and then after, with the original P3D shaders installed in your P3D setup, you'll apply your desired preset. The differences are noticeable.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thank you! All seems to be working again thanks to your help :D