Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

Freeware Airports ILS In FS2004 Query

Hi There,

Recently I download A freeware Berlin Templehof V3 Airport Scenery from Alexander Helmbold, and a Freeware Berlin Tegel Airport Scenery. When my friend and I flew from Munich Airport going to Templehof, when we tried to do an ILS Approach, tuning the instruments in nothing registered, so we could only do an VFR Approach. I checked the Stock FS2004 Airports of these two, Using AFCAD 2.21 and in the Runway Properties the relevant ILS Identities, 4 Letter code were showing for the relevant runways. But when I loaded the AFCAD Files, for the Freeware Addon versions in AFCAD 2.21, all the boxes were blank for the ILS Identities, yet were showing when I checked the View Navaids option. As they were with the Stock Airports. What could be causing this problem ? And how can I sort it out ? Me and my friend would like to do an ILS Approach into Templehof Airport and Tegel Airport soon. Any info and help would be much appreciated. Eddie

First of all, AFCAD 2.21 is a very old piece of software indeed and hasn't been supported for yonks.  Airport Design Editor [ADE] is the de facto software to use now.  It is regularly updated and has a thriving support forum.  It is freeware and you can get it from www.scruffyduck.org

ILS identities are not shown under Runway Properties - they are shown under the Navaids list.  The AFCAD file in the Addon Scenery folder structure takes precedence over any Stock AFCAD.  If your Addon AFCAD does not have the relevant ILS identity, frequency, etc., entered then you will not be able to tune the ILS from within the sim.

So I suggest that you get ADE and then use it to add the necessary ILSs in your Addon AFCAD.

Hope this helps.

Dijvid

Hi David, Thanks for replying to my thread. I will try out your excellent suggestion, and will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks once again. Eddie

If you need any help, Eddie, then please let me know.  I'm always tinkering with AFCADs!!

Dijvid

Hi Dijvid, I have noticed something, I have another AFCAD File for Templehof Airport by Alexander Helmbold for an earlier Version of his Templehof Scenery. And when I load each of them, including the one I am having problems with, in AFCAD 2.21 both ILS's for the One Runway, that had ILS at Templehof, show when I choose the Look at Navaids Option. However the difference is in the Runway Properties Section. Only in the other AFCAD File do the ILS Identities, i.e. the 4 Letter Code, show, whereas in the problem AFCAD File they don't, which is unfortunate, as the problem one is a more detailed AFCAD file than the other. But all the ILS Data from both AFCAD's appear to be the same. They are using the Stock Templehof FS2004 Airport Data. Could you suggest why that might be the case ? Eddie