Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Making The XP Move

I didn't know that - thank you very much.

Alas, it seems the folk over there are not quite as proactive on the 'help' front as here;-)

Well, I did tell you so... ;) but without the handy link. ;) Yes, if you want help, AVSIM is the place to be! ;)

it works in xp11... i havnt noticed any issues other than the click spots have squares around them... 

I installed it, but on load I received a big box of sound errors. I will stop here before I'm reprimanded by Goran. :smile:

Thanks for trying to help.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well, I did tell you so... ;) but without the handy link. ;) Yes, if you want help, AVSIM is the place to be! ;)

Apologies Jeroen i didn't understand thats what you meant;-)

Apologies Jeroen i didn't understand thats what you meant;-)

Haha, no need for apologies. ;) I wasn't exactly very clear about it. ;) But it is a good option: also saves you a lot of 'downloads per day'! ;) If you don't use a download manager, that is...

BTW You can always remove any of the installed libraries manually if you think there are too much. And you can make a backup of all installed libraries so you can easily reinstall them in the future: just place them into the Custom scenery folder and that's it. No need for installers. I really LOVE how easy it is to 'install' addons into XP!

Haha, no need for apologies. ;) I wasn't exactly very clear about it. ;) But it is a good option: also saves you a lot of 'downloads per day'! ;) If you don't use a download manager, that is...

Just been 'told off' in a rather sarcastic maner over there for using a download manager.  I'd love to know how many people actually read forum rules;-)

Just been 'told off' in a rather sarcastic maner over there for using a download manager.  I'd love to know how many people actually read forum rules;-)

Ah, ok... well, I know I was also completely surprised when that maximum downloads reached message popped up... you are not the only one! ;)

I installed it, but on load I received a big box of sound errors. I will stop here before I'm reprimanded by Goran. :smile:

Thanks for tryin

if the plane loads but a box pops up just close it. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

I see some of the movers have moved because of 64 bit. I haven't. In all my years with P3D I think I had two OOMs and that was in the beginning. I moved because I found the XP11 beta to be far more immersive than P3D. I moved because I find the ESP engine (the way it works with scenery and textures and light) is outdated and XP11 is soooooooo much better. A world of difference. XP is far from perfect but what it does well, it does a lot better than P3D.

This is why a 64 bit version of P3D doesn't interest me much. Specially if it costs 200 bucks again but even if it costs less, I just don't feel like investing in old tech anymore. I also never liked the idea of sort of 'being allowed' to use a product which isn't primarily meant for me, but that's not a reason for the move. This means I will be missing out on some very cool addons but that's okay with me. I expect a lot more FSX/P3D users to move to XP11. Now is the time.

+1

I also wanted to hold off buying addons during beta but I am afraid I can't keep that promise... ;) XP really needs X-Enviro. And there is a freeware ATC addon that seems to be pretty good, although I am not sure if it is IFR only or not: there should be a link to it on this forum somewhere. Haven't tried it myself yet but I certainly will sometime soon.

EDIT

Here it is: http://124thatc.matacchieri.eu

EDIT 2

Tried that ATC plugin: it kinda works but it wouldn't regocnize my destination and it told me to go to runway 16 on my departure airport but there only was a runway 14... after that ATC stayed utterly silent. It is a bit basic... Only IFR too and it doesn't take terrain into account. Well, it is free, of course, but for now I will fly on without ATC. :wink:

I'm with you, about the 64-bit part.  I use to get OOMs, but that was because my previous GPU only had 3GB of VRAM.  I now own a GTX 1080 with 8GB, so now I can pretty much run anything with most sliders near max.  The immersion has always been the big thing for me, and I feel that this might be due to the fact that I fly small GA aircraft and that I'm flying closer to the scenery (mostly about 1000 feet or so above the ground). This was what I liked about MS FLIGHT (what I didn't like was that MS wasn't willing to finish it). I was so sold on X-Plane 11 after my first flight with the Beta Demo that I immediately bought the full sim. And I was not very happy with X-Plane 10, so it took a lot to win me over.

I'm switching between 124th ATC and Pilot 2 ATC (a paid ACT that works in P3D and X-Plane). Both are still in development, so neither one is perfect.  P2ATC does do VFR fairly well (with some quirks) and does take terrain into account; but I don't like the fact that you have to use it as an overlay program (or display it on a 2nd monitor).

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I'm with you, about the 64-bit part.  I use to get OOMs, but that was because my previous GPU only had 3GB of VRAM.  I now own a GTX 1080 with 8GB, so now I can pretty much run anything with most sliders near max.  The immersion has always been the big thing for me, and I feel that this might be due to the fact that I fly small GA aircraft and that I'm flying closer to the scenery (mostly about 1000 feet or so above the ground). This was what I liked about MS FLIGHT (what I didn't like was that MS wasn't willing to finish it). I was so sold on X-Plane 11 after my first flight with the Beta Demo that I immediately bought the full sim. And I was not very happy with X-Plane 10, so it took a lot to win me over.

I'm switching between 124th ATC and Pilot 2 ATC (a paid ACT that works in P3D and X-Plane). Both are still in development, so neither one is perfect.  P2ATC does do VFR fairly well (with some quirks) and does take terrain into account; but I don't like the fact that you have to use it as an overlay program (or display it on a 2nd monitor).

Ah, nice, someone else who also likes to fly really low! :) XP11 is great for that! I spend my first few hours in XP11 skimming the tree tops, following cars on the highway and avoiding the electricity cables in the Cessna! I never tried any version of XP before and I was (almost) instantly sold. (Almost, because I did have some problems getting used to it all.)

P2ATC: interesting, despite the overlay... I read somewhere PFE (and maybe even PF3) can also work with XP. It's nice to know there are various options already! I will check it out. VFR support is almost mandatory for me.

Ah, nice, someone else who also likes to fly really low! :) XP11 is great for that! I spend my first few hours in XP11 skimming the tree tops, following cars on the highway and avoiding the electricity cables in the Cessna! I never tried any version of XP before and I was (almost) instantly sold. (Almost, because I did have some problems getting used to it all.)

P2ATC: interesting, despite the overlay... I read somewhere PFE (and maybe even PF3) can also work with XP. It's nice to know there are various options already! I will check it out. VFR support is almost mandatory for me.

Jeroen, i believe there's a video out there somewhere showing how to use PFE/PF3 with X-Plane, though i haven't actively searched yet.

I'm with you regarding the 'getting use to it'.  XP10 was even worse.  At least in XP11 the pan and view system is a little more standardised.

Jeroen, i believe there's a video out there somewhere showing how to use PFE/PF3 with X-Plane, though i haven't actively searched yet.

I'm with you regarding the 'getting use to it'. XP10 was even worse. At least in XP11 the pan and view system is a little more standardised.

Thanks for the tip, I will search for it!

Yes, all in all I got used to XP pretty quickly: I can't even remember what caused me problems. And it apparently was pretty bad for a few hours or so because I even considered a refund: luckily I found out very soon that wasn't possible LOL And after that everything has been going better and better to absolutely great! ;) But I can imagine people having a bit of a hard time with the transition, even with XP11. But hold on, keep going, be strong, climb that mountain because on the top of the hill the view is awesome!

Thanks for the tip, I will search for it!

Yes, all in all I got used to XP pretty quickly: I can't even remember what caused me problems. And it apparently was pretty bad for a few hours or so because I even considered a refund: luckily I found out very soon that wasn't possible LOL And after that everything has been going better and better to absolutely great! ;) But I can imagine people having a bit of a hard time with the transition, even with XP11. But hold on, keep going, be strong, climb that mountain because on the top of the hill the view is awesome!

Do you have any high quality aircraft addons for XP?  I'm REALLY missing my PMDG aircraft. Even to the extent of thinking about shelling out big bucks for the IXEG 737 Classic. It really does seem megga expensive tho:-(

$75 for the IXEG isn't too bad for the quality and systems you get. I hear it is the best aircraft for XP. Also the Saab seems to be very highly rated.

$75 for the IXEG isn't too bad for the quality and systems you get. I hear it is the best aircraft for XP. Also the Saab seems to be very highly rated.

Thanks Richie

Is the FMC in the IXEG basically the same as that in a 737NG?

That's what I said as well - at first.  But, P3D is gone now.  When 64-bit is announced, I will take another look at the platform.

+1