Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

Freeware North American Airport Compilation Packages Query

Hi there,

Does anyone on this forum, know of any Freeware North American Airport Compilation packages,

On the Internet, of various Freeware N American Major Airports mostly, for Flight Sim 2004 ?

Preferably with an self installer, so they don't have to be added manually ? I have a few Payware N American Airports.

As I have Justflights Payware World Airports 1 + 2 which include Chicago O Hare, Washington Dulles, Philadelphia  (KPHL) Atlanta Hartsfield, Newark Liberty, and Dallas Fort Worth and a few more. And are all very detailed and worth the money. But I would love some more Major Freeware ones. i.e. Detroit, Miami, Boston Logan etc. Also I have only found 2 Freeware Chicago Midway Airport Freeware Sceneries I have them both. I am using the Chicago Midway "Jetways" Addon Scenery at the moment updating the Stock FS2004 Airport. The AFCAD File is very good in terms of numbers of gates, and it allows Crossing Runways to be used at the same time as the Straight ones, and the Taxiways and signs are very detailed which is excellent. But the Terminal Buildings are very basic like the default FS2004 one. If there isn't another one, I am considering buying the FlyTampa Payware Version for FS2004 which looks very impressive. Any info and help would be appreciated. Best Regards Eddie

ORBX has a fairly large freeware pack.

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

Actually, just realized this is for FS2004 and I don't think ORBX freeware will work in this sim.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

There is some excellent freeware photo real scenery available - 13 airports, all done very well.  Be sure to have them deactivated when not flying to/from them (because of VAS issues with Photo Real).

http://www.fsxphotoreal.com

There are many others, espceially outside the US (though you asked about the US only).

The best source I know for checking for freeware airport scenery is:  www.freewarescenery.com.

Some are excellent sceneries, with custom textures. Others are AFCADs, but you can quickly find out which by clicking on the link.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Cyyz by, ummm I think it's Denis DiFranco? apologies if I have his name wrong or spelt wrong, but it's here in the library and it is fantastic for a freeware offering.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi Guys, I have installed and had a look at the Freeware US Airports for FS2004, Boston Logan Airport By George Grimshaw and the (SunSkyJet) Philadelphia International Airport. And all I can say is wow ! The attention to detail in both of them is amazing, especially the SunSkyJet (KPHL), which I have not seen in it's entirety yet. But what I have seen is very impressive )) Especially considering they are Freeware, And as someone has said, they are very much of the standard you would espect from Payware versions. I will definately look for some more Freeware US Airports thanks for recommending those two, i'm very impressed with both of them. Eddie

Eddie - there's a thread at the top of the forum page where members have shared info on great freeware airports. They're not just in the US but take a look through it and you'll find some gems, in addition to the two you just mentioned.