Hi guys

I'm about to upgrade my GTX 970 for a GTX 1070 however wish some advice regarding on what manufacturer / model returns the best results as its a lot of cash (400 quid UK) to spend on something I want to get right.

Welcome thoughts.

Thanks

Steve.

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

I have the EVGA FTW DT. But the other EVGA models, MSI, ASUS are all solid GPUs. I would go for whatever you can find a deal on. If you check the usual online retailers the prices fluctuate on an almost daily basis.

Hi, I'm just going through the same thought process and came across this guys videos which I found well presented and thoughtful.  Regards Brian

Great video. Toying between the G1 and the FTW at the moment albeit my motherboard only has 1x6 and 1x8 power adaptor. I will need a 6 to 8 pin adaptor for the FTW. Checked the case and plenty fans and space so it's just up to other advice or toss a coin

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

Hi, I thought I was short of the 2nd 8pin feed for a new card but upon checking my PSU I found an unused plug socket in the unit and can just plug an extra power cable in to feed the card. Dont kow if you have checked that possibility ? 

Regards Brian

Nvidia is supposed to announce new cards within the next month. You may see a 1070 revision come out.

Some vendors have lowered their prices on 1070s, so they may be trying to clear out stock for the new revision.

I got the zotac amp edition on release.  Well pleased with it, and a 6yr warranty to boot!

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I got the Gainward GLH edition after watching the OC3D review of it. It was the fastest GTX1070 at the time, might still be.

Nvidia is supposed to announce new cards within the next month. You may see a 1070 revision come out.

Some vendors have lowered their prices on 1070s, so they may be trying to clear out stock for the new revision.

Last I heard these release dates may be in the April-June 2017 timeframe. Is that what you've heard as well?

My system is right around that time where it could probably use an upgrade. I'm weighing the trade offs of jumping to a 1070. I'll see what the new announcement is but if it's 6 months out for release, not sure I'd be wanting to wait that long.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Worth searching for reports of "coil whine" on your proposed card before you buy. There are quite a few reports of it for the G1.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I got the Asus 1070 strix recently and for P3D its been nothing short of amazing on my system. 1070, 6700k, 16gb 3200mhz DDR4 and a Samsung SSD. It also has fully customisable RGB lights that I think look quite cool if your into that sort of thing

BF268419-CC54-42D9-8825-01745FE96B18_zps

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg