Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Taxiing the C441 Conquest

Hi, have you the same experience that taxiing this plane is quite difficult?. It leaves the parking position like a rocket, without applying any power, and you should apply a lot of braking to get the wild horse under control, if any?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I don't have any experience with the Alabeo version, but with the Flysimware C441 I have to make sure to set the condition levers to START AND TAXI, and even then barely leave the beta range with the power levers. You could slow down by using reversers, but I don't know if one would do that in real world operations during taxi.

Applying reversers does help in reducing the taxi speed, I've tried and it works, but it's still difficult and I don't think either they, the reversers, are used in real world operations.

BTW, there's an interesting freeware application that can be downloaded at Avsim today, and has to do with controlling taxispeed and pushback (the name is GroundAssist 1.2 and can be found under FSX Utilities). Regretfully it works very well with any of my aircraft fleet, except the C441, which still looks uncontrollable.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ed

Try pulling you prop levers all the way back.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Ed

Try pulling you prop levers all the way back.

Greg

I think Greg refers to the Condition levers. But yes, they're pulled all the way back (on Taxi detent), and to make things more interesting, when the levers are in the upper position (Take Off detent) the aircraft taxies at a little lower speed!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I think Greg refers to the Condition levers. But yes, they're pulled all the way back (on Taxi detent), and to make things more interesting, when the levers are in the upper position (Take Off detent) the aircraft taxies at a little lower speed!.

Huh? When I move them up in the Flysimware C441, it behaves exactly as you describe in the first post: like a rocket

If you have a proper load out (pax in each seat), the speeds are less dramatic.

I'll try that. It makes sense. Otherwise I'll park the damn aircraft at the maintenance hangar. Already sent a ticket to Alabeo and they answered they'll look into this...

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I'll try that. It makes sense. Otherwise I'll park the damn aircraft at the maintenance hangar. Already sent a ticket to Alabeo and they answered they'll look into this...

Cheers, Ed

Reporting back: Even with a total payload + fuel above the maximum fuel weight, the aircraft speed during taxiing goes well above 35 knots, which is far unrealistic, unless you apply a lot of braking that turns the plane almost uncontrolable. There's absolutely something wrong with the dynamics. Hopefully Alabeo, as a responsible developer, could investigate into this issue.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

You are not alone. What I have learned to do is:

I noticed that if the condition levers are all of the way forward with the C441 at MGTOW, the engines start normally and it taxis within controllable parameters with my toes on the brakes. When I want to speed up a bit while taxiing I bring the cond levers closer to the start & taxi position, but once I get passed 15 kts it not longer matters and I have to really apply brake pressure because at that point the plane is "ice skating" on a straight ahead taxi and it is worst on turning while taxiing.

If I start the engines with the cond levers in the start and taxi position where they are supposed to be, the C441 begins to spin on the side of the engine I'm starting and it almost does a complete 360. Parking brakes don't work for me when this happens.

So in this case I do everything opposite in the way any airplane should function regarding engine start and taxi.

Above operating descriptions on my part learning thru trial and error with the C441 because Alabeo has very little support. Above procedures always have the throttles at idle.

My support ticket on this taxiing and startup issue came back with a, We will consider these with next update. In other words no guarantees on fixing it.

My support ticket on this taxiing and startup issue came back with a, We will consider these with next update. In other words no guarantees on fixing it.

Posted the question on how to taxi to the aircraft's reviewer Andrew Godden at mutley's hangar.com. Will revert back here if there's something.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Just to share with those interested, the best way (but probably not the most realistic for sure) I've found to taxi this aircraft in a controlled way, is: (1) with the start-lock system ON, (2) with propellers at the Take-Off detent, that way torque is being reduced when rpm are at the maximum setting, (3) no throttle at all (haven't tried yet with different payloads), (4) applying a certain amount of braking.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Got the opposite problem with the FlySimware C441, the start locks absolutely refuse to disengage, so it won't even move. I've literally not even managed to taxi it even an inch lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just to share with those interested, the best way (but probably not the most realistic for sure) I've found to taxi this aircraft in a controlled way, is: (1) with the start-lock system ON, (2) with propellers at the Take-Off detent, that way torque is being reduced when rpm are at the maximum setting, (3) no throttle at all (haven't tried yet with different payloads), (4) applying a certain amount of braking.

Cheers, Ed

That is how I have to taxi it and perform engine start.

I wonder how many cases Alabeo ignores and provides zero help?