Sign in to follow this  
Humberside

OOMs

Hi 

I was running P3DV3.4 on max settings with no OOMs, I have now purchased FTX Vetor, OpenLC Europe and America and I now get OOMs on loadup, even with setting reduced a lot.

Do these programs need tweaking?

Thanks

Joe

I now get OOMs on loadup, even with setting reduced a lot.

When you start up P3D, the first things that are loaded are the modules in your main P3D directory and the modules referenced in the dll.xml and exe.xml (in P3D there are two, one in the folder where the P3D.cfg is located and the other is located in the same folder as where your scenery.cfg is located).  There has been a couple updates to the FTX ObjectFlow module.  Normally it is updated when you start up P3D but it might have gotten corrupted.  A wrong version will cause P3D to crash.  The FSUIPC module has also been updated for the latest version of P3D.  It will cause your sim to crash if it is not the right version (if installed - FSUIPC is not needed to run P3D).  The AS16 program also updated for the latest version of P3D.

I have never heard of an OOM at loadup.  What does AppCrashView or EventViewer say is the faulting module - See page 7, AVSIM CTD Guide?  Link to guide in my signature.

If you have Victoria Plus (CYYJ) installed, there are some compatibility issues as described in the FTX Compatibility Forums.  Victoria Plus has a lot of eye-candy which can be turned off/on. 

I know of no computer system that can run P3D w/addons with max settings.  It might run for awhile or during several flight sessions and then suddenly it crashes for some unknown reason.  That's one of the main problems with this game.  It works some of the time but not all of the time with the same scenario. 

Happy New Year!

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Firstly Happy New Year to you

As a test yesterday I downloaded a VAS monitoring tool yesterday, loaded the PMDG T7 at CYYZ and the VAS monitor displayed that I used 96% of the memory and crashed, I then unistalled vector and loaded the same scenario, and it read 81%. I deduced vector is my issue.

If you have Victoria Plus (CYYJ) installed, there are some compatibility issues as described in the FTX Compatibility Forums.  Victoria Plus has a lot of eye-candy which can be turned off/on. 

I do not use CYYJ.

I know of no computer system that can run P3D w/addons with max settings

I believe I have a mid range PC, and I do not overloaded it with addons, just the aircraft, two airports, ASN and FTX products that I need for that flight. I have had no issues with crashes to  do with this since I reinstalled windows, apart from the OOMs at CYYZ. I'll Look at my objectflows, reinstall vector and see if its fixed.

Best Regards

Joe

I do not use CYYJ.

Sorry about that!  I should have copied and pasted cyyz instead of going to google and typing cyyj.  :smile:  Thought I knew what I was doing... obviously not!

Happy New Year!

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sorry about that!  I should have copied and pasted cyyz instead of going to google and typing cyyj.    Thought I knew what I was doing... obviously not!

No problem, I actually thought you meant there is an addon of CYYJ

Joe