Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Chaseplane 1.5 is LIVE! Lots of changes TrackIR support too!

Is there a specific trackir profile that should be used?.Cant see chaseplane on list and there are no game profile updates available in trackir software, I'm using version 5.4.2.27545 of the trackir software.

Thanks

Dale

ChasePlane is profiled as FSFX in TrackIR (I know, we will try to have it changed)

Is the turbulence just randomly generated or a reaction to actual turbulence conditions detected by AS16?

breathing turbulence type is randomly generated, others are generated based on the aircraft's motion, wheel rotations, engine thrust and RPM. They are sometimes combined with oscillators to create non-existing data.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Does Chaseplane work around/prevent the annoying head movement VC bug that's plagued FSX forever? Where the camera lags and moves around as the aircraft yaws or turns at varying latitudes?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

breathing turbulence type is randomly generated, others are generated based on the aircraft's motion, wheel rotations, engine thrust and RPM. They are sometimes combined with oscillators to create non-existing data.

Thx Kevin

Do you need to rename the TIR manifest files to .OFF for chaseplane like you have to do for Opus, or do you leave them as is?

When enabling Chaseplane my Pilot view flashes - almost like there's a conflict with another setting.  

Update:   Got everything working with Chaseplane.    Although I was a huge OpusFSI Camera  fan, I absolutely LOVE Chaseplane now.  It's so intuitive and easy to manage - there is no going back for me.   Well done guys.

Kevin... you guys deserve a cookie.... the size of a 777.   ChasePlane is epic.   Thank you for your hardwork and for more our lives easier with camera systems.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I haven't been able to get my XBox controller to work for walkarounds.  Is there a specific way to enable it?

Kevin, got a minor issue with the new ChasePlane 1.5.  This behavior was not present in the previous Alpha builds.   I fly with three monitors.   My middle is the simulator and the other two are used for other things.   I have disabled the menu pop up with the middle mouse button as I like to hold down the middle mouse to pan around.     Sometimes now with 1.5 when I am panning the cursor will suddenly fling itself over to one of the other monitors on the simulator loses focus.   I have to move the mouse cursor back to the simulator window and left click to make it the focus again.    This behavior did not happen in previous alpha builds.    Minor but annoying.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Kevin, got a minor issue with the new ChasePlane 1.5.  This behavior was not present in the previous Alpha builds.   I fly with three monitors.   My middle is the simulator and the other two are used for other things.   I have disabled the menu pop up with the middle mouse button as I like to hold down the middle mouse to pan around.     Sometimes now with 1.5 when I am panning the cursor will suddenly fling itself over to one of the other monitors on the simulator loses focus.   I have to move the mouse cursor back to the simulator window and left click to make it the focus again.    This behavior did not happen in previous alpha builds.    Minor but annoying.

This is a known issue, you can see the list of known issue in ChasePlane in the lower-left corner of the interface.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just got 1.5 installed, I'm showing Trackir enabled in the settings section but I cannot seem to get Trackir to work, any tips?

Thanks,

Figured the xbox controller out.  I'm an idiot.

Well, with TrackIR support I see no reason to continue using EZDok, which currently is messing up my P3D with "Simconnect not responding..." error.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Do you need to rename the TIR manifest files to .OFF for chaseplane like you have to do for Opus, or do you leave them as is?

When enabling Chaseplane my Pilot view flashes - almost like there's a conflict with another setting.  

Hi Erich !

What did you do? My pilot view is also flickering when both (chase plane and TIR) are enabled.

Scott