Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Chaseplane 1.5 is LIVE! Lots of changes TrackIR support too!

Does ChasePlane also replace Accufeel?

As far as I understand: Negative.

Chaseplane only moves the camera whereas Accufeel really moves the aircraft.

As far as I understand: Negative.

Chaseplane only moves the camera whereas Accufeel really moves the aircraft.

But are there any negative effects if using both? Wouldn't the movements be exaggerated if both aircraft and camera are moving?

Yes, I think Chaseplane reacts on the movements induced by Accufeel. But I wouldn't call that negative because you can easily tune the chaseplane effect down a little, accordingly.

What did you do? My pilot view is also flickering when both (chase plane and TIR) are enabled.

Hi Scott

It was a conflict with my Opus Camera FSI.  I simply disabled all camera functionality within OpusFSI Camera , including the P3D PDK Interface (within the Opus configurator) , rebooted the machine and no more flickering.

Flickering is usually an indication of a conflict with another application trying to do something similar.  Hope you get it sorted.

Does Chaseplane work around/prevent the annoying head movement VC bug that's plagued FSX forever? Where the camera lags and moves around as the aircraft yaws or turns at varying latitudes?

To clarify my question, this is the behavior I'm asking if Chaseplane resolves:

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Thank you for a brilliant product Keven - even though it´s alpha, it´s a blast!

I´ve been waiting for the "Follow horizon"-feature for a years, as I find myself instinctively tilting my head to follow the horizon when using Track-IR - it feels like a natural thing to do.

What I´m wondering is this: Would it be possible to limit the amount of head tilt / bank angle as the airspeed increases? I don´t know what wold be the natural way this is "most commonly done" by people, but something tells me that following the horizon is something that occurs in a slightly higher degree when at lower altitude and at a lower speed. Maybe I´m wrong.. food for thought anyhow:)

But are there any negative effects if using both? Wouldn't the movements be exaggerated if both aircraft and camera are moving?

I fly with Accu-feel and ChasePlane and see no issues.   Looks great.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

The Chaseplane is working for just 15 seconds. After that, it shows a warning about some changes and requests me to relaunch Chaseplane or P3D to complete the new settings. I made all posibilities but the error persists.

Does anybody knows what happening?

Thanks in advance,

Dani

Dani Glikmanas

P3D São Paulo - Brazil

The Chaseplane is working for just 15 seconds. After that, it shows a warning about some changes and requests me to relaunch Chaseplane or P3D to complete the new settings. I made all posibilities but the error persists.

Does anybody knows what happening?

Thanks in advance,

Dani

Still happening with the latest? v0.1.529

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Erich !

What did you do? My pilot view is also flickering when both (chase plane and TIR) are enabled.

Scott

Hi Scott

It was a conflict with my Opus Camera FSI.  I simply disabled all camera functionality within OpusFSI Camera , including the P3D PDK Interface (within the Opus configurator) , rebooted the machine and no more flickering.

Flickering is usually an indication of a conflict with another application trying to do something similar.  Hope you get it sorted.

I have the same problem. The view flickers so rapidly that it makes ChasePlane completely unusable.

But I don't have Opus, I don't have EZdok installed or any other software that manipulates TrackIR.

I just have P3D 3.4, TrackIR 5.4.1.26786, and ChasePlane with the experimental mode turned on v0.1.529.

Since installing ChasePlane, TrackIR no longer exits normally and hangs until it crashes and I have to force quit it.

So what do I do now?

Latest version should fix the issue, let me know!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Chaseplane is awesome  :smile:

Little question here, is that possible to use facetracknoir in Chaseplane? I can use facetracknoir on Ezdok before but it is not working in Chaseplane  :sad:

At this moment I have to disable chaseplane in order to use facetracknoir (through simconnect). Hopefully I can use facetracknoir in Chaseplane in the future!

Thanks

Edward

I have a question, how do you implement the follow horizon feature?  Which setting do I use?  I have enabled experimental versions.

Thanks,

Mike

No change. Still flickers on v1.531

Alright, contact us via email, we'll take this one step further!

I have a question, how do you implement the follow horizon feature?  Which setting do I use?  I have enabled experimental versions.

Thanks,

Mike

Turbulence > Anticipation (Tune) > Follow Horizon

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42