Sign in to follow this  
Guest 767simfan2

Piracy Reports

Guest jaapverduijn

Dan, if software isn't copyrighted, there is no stealing. It is the matter of COPYRIGHT theft that's the issue here. Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jaapverduijn

I distinctly remember him bringing it up. Besides, he's the publisher, isn't he?Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

This thread has been very interesting, but yet it has been as futile as trying to argue about religion, or debating whether God really exists or not. No one will change their mind about what they believe, regardless of the 'clarity' of the other person's logic.

Very true, we essentialy believe what we want to believe.However without discussion misunderstandings will not be cleared up, some have taken this the wrong way and funnily enough they are NOT the ones who need to feel nervous. I firmly believe most guys/gals here are law-abiding and so have nothing to worry about. Those who want to brag about their prowess in cracking commercial software or are handing it out willy nilly on fringe websites do.

Fermin Fernandez
FSWidgets & TweakFS Developer
Melbourne, Australia (UTC+10)
FSWidgets  logo.png

Guest GCBarni

>I fail to see the irony.But of course you do....Everyone's concerned about the theft of payware, but no mention of copyright infringement is made about freeware. And for those unaware, yes, there is the same expectation.The 'pay for my stuff' folks get up in arms when they see their material in the hands of users who did not in fact pay, but I'm sure they in turn don't mind using the 'free stuff' along with everyone else.This would probably only appear ironic to the great number of us who also contribute to the FS community but on a freeware basis. Our time spent in production of our contibution is valuable as well and arguablymerits some sort of recompense.There is another point to be made about not observing freeware copyright: not only is the author's right being bashed, but so are the rights of those developers/authors who created the tools and utilities that the original author used in the creation of his material. FS Planet should take note.

>However without discussion misunderstandings will not be>cleared up, ...I never implied discussions were never useful (I did read most of the replies). I still love to debate whether God really exists or not, but I know I will never change anyone's mind on that subject, so the discussion is purely academic and without a hope of ever achieving a concensus. Same for this particular thread. It is an interesting debate, but no one's opinion will prevail or be proven right or wrong at the end, regardless of how strongly one feels about anyone's opinion :-)

I think you can because pirates are not evil people they are people like you and I :)As today you know it

Guest Edam

>>I fail to see the irony.>>But of course you do....Yes, of course.You originally said, "how many of the payware/shareware authors/developers have freeware planes, panels, scenery, etc.?"and>The 'pay for my stuff' folks get up in arms when they see>their material in the hands of users who did not in fact pay,>but I'm sure they in turn don't mind using the 'free stuff'>along with everyone else.What's ironic, or wrong about "payware/shareware authors/developers" having and using Freeware? Are you accusing them of hypocrisy, or what? >This would probably only appear ironic to the great number of>us who also contribute to the FS community but on a freeware>basis. Our time spent in production of our contibution is>valuable as well and arguably merits some sort of recompense.Illogical. It's only ironic to you.

Guest Edam

>I guess there is many here who never pirate fs add ons product>but watch downloaded movies at times without ever thinking>that is perhaps the same thing?>Or download music via napster even if that was partly closed>down.Or have copied a VHS movie or a cassette/CD of music for their friends. Double standards.

Hi Mike!I could if he would apologize or even answer a simple PM. It

Guest Matt Johnson

He may well have brought the issue into a more public forum, but he was not the originator of the idea.

Guest jmarcure

>The reports that have come in so far are not wild accusations,>generally they point out a website or newsgroup that are>giving out free copies of commercial software. Intresteing point. Why would anyone that isn't looking for bootleg stuff even be lurking around such places? Do people go searching for this stuff just to report it? Why? Nothing better to do?Me thinks we have entered the world of busy bodies.Does any one fly any more or are we all just playing the forums, tweaking FPS or searching for bootleg software?Jon

I have already done it. He started it all I give the peace offering anyway he refuses to even reply what more can I do???I am friends with everyone here except Soarpics apparently and I usually don