Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Cabin Pressurization

I'm new to this plane. I have it pretty much figured out except for the cabin pressurization. For FL200 I set the cabin controller knob to 20, which should result in a cabin pressure of about 2,700. After engine start I switch the bleed air valves to open. At some point the differential pressure warning light on the upper annunciator will go on. Raising or lowering the target pressure doesn't help. What am I missing?

See this post that I made.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/432056-cabin-wont-pressurize/page-5#entry2919997

Basically, Carenado cheated and reused the cabin controller out of their B200. That sets the wrong PSID for this aircraft and you will get DIF PRESS Warning. 

To get past the warning you need to set the cabin side based on the chart I provide in the thread. For FL200 fly the cabin at 6,500' (6,000 from the chart then add 500 to keep the Outflow valves off Positive Pressure Relief.)

This is a simple artistic fix requiring the aircraft side of the gauge to be adjusted with a new graphic. However, this texture is located in a number of files and makes the process of distributing the fix cumbersome to anyone but Carenado. 

I hope I can bother you with one more question. I always leave the crossfeed switch off and the tanks loaded equally left/right. Usually this works fine. Sometimes only one set of tanks will feed, even though the fuel flow gauges for both engines indicate the same. When those tanks are empty, both engines stop and there doesn't seem to be anyway to restart in flight. Am I doing something wrong, or is this another bug?

Carenado uses the default MS FlightSim fuel management system.  Make sure your FSX starts with a default FSX aircraft as the default saved flight, I use the Cessna 172SP.  This aircraft also needs to be saved with the fuel selector set to "both", otherwise, some add-on aircraft with multiple fuel tanks and engines will feed off of one tank only.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

The cabin shouldn't start pressurizing until the weight is off the wheels...There is no "pre-pressurization" mode...The 1900 pressurization system is the same as the King Air 90/100/200/300 and 100% MANUAL...You are controlling the vacuum applied to outflow valves with the pressurization controller...We always took-off Bleeds OFF

it took me a while to solve this problem and found a text in brackets that said when you reach a altitude between 6300 feet and 6900 feet dial the knob to zero then set upto the altitude you are going to like 28000 feet ,I done it once and had no diff in pressures and all was fine ,I checked the knob setting for the altitude to show and it did have the high altitude showing but after a couple of years I forgot the inbetween altitude to reset the knob and the imformation was on a computer I sold so it could be 6000 and 6800 or 9000 and 9600 ,Iam going to give it another go and hopefully I can find the right altitudes again in flight to make it work again ,if I do I will reply again ,I tried twice and gave up on it 6 months ago so here I go again