Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

New X-Plane 11 Convert - What are the Essential Files?

Hello All - I just took the plunge and bought the X-Plane 11 Beta, and I have been following the forums for several months now. I have seen several posts regarding freeware addons that are very helpful or even essential in order to take advantage of addons such as the Mister X scenery, etc. Would someone perhaps be willing to post a quick list of what files you would consider necessary and where to find them (x-pilot, x-plane.org, etc.)? Since there have been so many random posts with these files I have never taken an inventory of what to download. I wish I would have added these to a list as I saw them but now I am slightly overwhelmed. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Hello All - I just took the plunge and bought the X-Plane 11 Beta, and I have been following the forums for several months now. I have seen several posts regarding freeware addons that are very helpful or even essential in order to take advantage of addons such as the Mister X scenery, etc. Would someone perhaps be willing to post a quick list of what files you would consider necessary and where to find them (x-pilot, x-plane.org, etc.)? Since there have been so many random posts with these files I have never taken an inventory of what to download. I wish I would have added these to a list as I saw them but now I am slightly overwhelmed. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Pete

Download Openscenery then keep this link handy:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/90776-master-list-of-libraries/

When you see an airport you like to download, note all the required libraries and download both the airport & libraries.

Once you have the libraries, you do not have to re download, unless there's an update required by the airport.

If you ever get an error, check the log file and look for airport name and "unable to load" info. That will give you a clue of what libraries to be updated.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks guys, most appreciated!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot