Sign in to follow this  
KernalROM

X-Plane 11 and W2XP America

Good afternoon!

Has anyone had any success installing W2XP America in the X-plane 11 beta? I have the the three libraries installed per the install readme:

OpenScenery
R2 Library
world-models library

I have also adjusted the order in scenery_packs.ini in the following order:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEBL Barcelona/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery3/

I get the following error:

BE ADVISED:
problem loading scenery package CustomScenery/W2XP_America
The scenery might not look correct.
Please see log.txt file for detailed info

Is this a normal messgae due to beta??

Thanks!
Bryan

I copied and pasted these referenced entries referring to W2XP_America

0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/'.
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+49-125.dsf:
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj
0:00:27.020 I/SCN: DSF load time: 488503 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+40-130/+49-123.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:27.020 I/SCN: DSF load time: 532392 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+40-130/+47-123.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/'.
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+49-123.dsf:
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/'.
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+49-123.dsf:
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x20b.obj
0:00:27.020 I/SCN: DSF load time: 455949 for file Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+49-125.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/'.
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+47-123.dsf:
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: lib/industry_commerce/industrial_old_20x30a.obj
0:00:27.020 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+47-123.dsf:
0:00:27.020 I/SCN: DSF load time: 267071 for file Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+49-123.dsf (0 tris)
0:00:27.020 I/SCN: DSF load time: 326840 for file Custom Scenery/w2xp_America/Earth nav data/+40-130/+47-123.dsf (0 tris)

I'm going to try and search these folders for the noted files that it was unable to locate

I'm just wondering if due to X-plane being in beta if the supporting libraries don't support 11 yet?? 

W2xp_America has added 11 compatibility according to the download site.

thanks in advance!

Bryan

Yes, clearly something wrong with industry_commerce! Shouldn't you also be using the FF Library? EDIT Ah, no, that one is only needed for Europe. Might want to install it anyway. I can't check those folders right now, I am not near my XP computer.

Yes I've been looking for the files referenced to no avail.. 

Have you got yours working without error?

Also, thank you for your help!

I do have the mentioned libraries installed but not W2XP_America. I can search for the mentioned files in my libs but unfortunately not until tomorrow afternoon... Maybe someone else can chime in? And otherwise I will check things tomorrow. ;)

Well it seems that was the problem!

Even though it wasn't mentioned in any of the README's when i downloaded and installed the FF library I no longer get the error..

Good deal! 

Thank you everyone!

Bryan

Well it seems that was the problem!

Even though it wasn't mentioned in any of the README's when i downloaded and installed the FF library I no longer get the error..

Good deal! 

Thank you everyone!

Bryan

Great! :)

Gahh! the infamous XP library problem!!!. You'll be pleased to know that any future W2XP sceneries I make won't need any libraries, there are just too many versions and problems they cause.

• Upvote 2

Gahh! the infamous XP library problem!!!. You'll be pleased to know that any future W2XP sceneries I make won't need any libraries, there are just too many versions and problems they cause.

It really is a major PITA to keep track of all of these libraries and can be very daunting to new users.

• Upvote 1

The biggest problem was the documentation made no mention of needing the FF Library..

But still, these addons are free of charge and the developers are greatly appreciated.  Plus there is this great community that helps each other.

Thanks,

Bryan

• Upvote 2

.. I encountered the very same problem ..do we have a solution ?????

BE ADVISED:
problem loading scenery package CustomScenery/W2XP_America
The scenery might not look correct.
Please see log.txt file for detailed info

Cheers

Yair