Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

CTD once Addon Scenery Installed

Hello - Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am wondering if there is a solution to this problem: I had purchased the Drzewiecki Design New York Airports and NYC for X-Plane when I dabbled in X-plane 10 back in the day, and today I re-downloaded those files from Simmarket now that it shows XP 11 compatibility. However, once installed this results in an automatic CTD, and in fact, even when I delete the DD NYC files from the custom scenery folder the crashes continue. That said, I had to run the installer in order to clean the X-Plane 11 files back up. Is anyone familiar with this issue and is there a possible solution?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I knew some tiles I made in Ortho4XP crashes XP11. But it still runs ok without those tiles. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

This is a problem with their installer thar is currently being fixed. They change one of X-Plane's default nav data files. In XP10 it works, but in 11 this corrupts the file, leading to the crash.

Run the X-Plane installer and select Update to repair that file.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

This is a problem with their installer thar is currently being fixed. They change one of X-Plane's default nav data files. In XP10 it works, but in 11 this corrupts the file, leading to the crash.

Run the X-Plane installer and select Update to repair that file.

Thanks Mario, so I should reinstall the NYC packs and then after the crash, just run the installer again for the fix? I will give it a go. Thanks!

Cheers, Pete

Thanks Mario, so I should reinstall the NYC packs and then after the crash, just run the installer again for the fix? I will give it a go. Thanks!

Cheers, Pete

Just run the X-Plane installer after you installed NY

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thanks Mario! Your solution worked perfectly!

Cheers, Pete