Sign in to follow this  
wyman369

Dino Cattaneo T-45c setup problem

I am using SPAD.next and LINDA(v2.8.6). I am using some saitek panels. Now I want to do some keys mapping for the aircraft T-45C Goshawk(by Dino Cattaneo) with LINDA. But some functions of the aircraft cannot be found in the "LIB:Default FSX" menu.

1) Does anyone know how can I find the FUEL SHUTOFF toggle in the "LIB:Default FSX" menu.

Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XgVw5-ySC2NThxaXN5WkJRaGs/view?usp=sharing

2) Why there is only "Radios NAV AUDIO toggle" for NAV1 in the "LIB:Default FSX", how about NAV2?

Please help.

I am using SPAD.next and LINDA(v2.8.6). I am using some saitek panels. Now I want to do some keys mapping for the aircraft T-45C Goshawk(by Dino Cattaneo) with LINDA. But some functions of the aircraft cannot be found in the "LIB:Default FSX" menu. 1) Does anyone know how can I find the FUEL SHUTOFF toggle in the "LIB:Default FSX" menu. Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XgVw5-ySC2NThxaXN5WkJRaGs/view?usp=sharing 2) Why there is only "Radios NAV AUDIO toggle" for NAV1 in the "LIB:Default FSX", how about NAV2? Please help.

Welcome to the LINDA forum.

First, a couple of points. SPAD.next can cause issues when operating with LINDA for controlling the Saitek panels. Also LINDA 2.8.7 is available.

I don't have the T45 (Goshawk) so I am unable to directly answer your question. I suggest you try using the FSX Default functions ALL_FuelSelectors_on and off to see if they control the Fuel Shutoff switch. Alternatively, try using the FSX Controls FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF (65955) and  _SET (65962).

For your second question, you need to swap the NAV1 and NAV2 over using the functions Default_NAV_1_init() and Default_NAV_2_init() (found in common.lua) to toggle between NAV1(VOR1) and NAV2(VOR2). The default functions Radios_NAV_AUDIO_toggle() in lib_fallback.lua (FSX Default) will then toggle the audio accordingly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Welcome to the LINDA forum.

First, a couple of points. SPAD.next can cause issues when operating with LINDA for controlling the Saitek panels. Also LINDA 2.8.7 is available.

I don't have the T45 (Goshawk) so I am unable to directly answer your question. I suggest you try using the FSX Default functions ALL_FuelSelectors_on and off to see if they control the Fuel Shutoff switch. Alternatively, try using the FSX Controls FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF (65955) and  _SET (65962).

For your second question, you need to swap the NAV1 and NAV2 over using the functions Default_NAV_1_init() and Default_NAV_2_init() (found in common.lua) to toggle between NAV1(VOR1) and NAV2(VOR2). The default functions Radios_NAV_AUDIO_toggle() in lib_fallback.lua (FSX Default) will then toggle the audio accordingly.

Hi ScotFlieger,

I tried to add 2 functions to lib-fallback.lua which are 

1)

function Radios_NAV_ONE_AUDIO_toggle ()

_logg("NAV_AUDIO_toggle nav"..nav_sel)
if _t("nav1") then
            if _MCP1 () then
                DspShow("NAV1","aud")
            else
                DspRadioIdent_on ()
            end
ipc.control(65837)
else
            if _MCP1 () then
                DspShow("NAV1","off")
            else
                DspRadioIdent_off ()
            end
ipc.control(65832)
end
end

2)
function Radios_NAV_TWO_AUDIO_toggle ()
_logg("NAV_AUDIO_toggle nav"..nav_sel)
if _t("nav2") then
            if _MCP1 () then
                DspShow("NAV2","aud")
            else
                DspRadioIdent_on ()
            end
ipc.control(65838)
else
            if _MCP1 () then
                DspShow("NAV2","off")
            else
                DspRadioIdent_off ()
            end
ipc.control(65833)
end
end

After that the 2 functions names that I can select for the button what I want to map. But it seems not work. I am not good for programming. I have no idea to edit.

Here are some LUA snippets that I developed for use with FSUIPC. One of them is fuel cutoff switch. Feel free to adapt or modify.

https://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/this-game-of-ghosts/

Hi Henry,

Thank you for your suggestion. I created a new file call lib-t45.lua to the linda/lib/ directory. I tried to add 2 simply functions to the file which are following:

function _THROTTLE_CUT (p) ipc.writeUW(0x3590, p)  end 
function _TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS (p) ipc.control(66061, p)  end 

In the Linda, I can select T45 for above function to the key what I want. But it doesn't work. 

um....I still have no idea to edit the code.

oops sorry for the late response, for some reason I'm not getting notifications from this topic......

It's been a very long time since I programmed for LINDA Lua but there are significant formatting differences between LINDA Lua and FSUIPC Lua. Currently only install LINDA when working with new aircraft programming (very rarely).

I know that Dino uses a mix of LVARs and default global variables for the operation of the systems. As I recall, he uses the default global exterior lighting variables but in an odd way.