Sign in to follow this  
softreset

Lost clickspots / NGX / v0.1.503

I've been using ChasePlane without issues for the last several days (love the product). This evening I lost complete ability to access VC clickspots in the PMDG NGX. After restarting, the Alpha Experimental was downloaded and installed (I had the option checked) and I'm still unable to click anything in the VC.

YouTube video example -

I'm pretty much spamming the mouse button on things and you can see the only thing that finally engages is one of the external landing lights. Any idea? I know this was a problem with EzDok (part of the reason I uninstalled) where the head position would get pushed back into the seat and prevent click issues. But moving the head position forward does not provide relief.

Update - Switching from the 737-700 to the 737-800 and using no presets, it was fine. Importing the 737-700 presets into the 737-800 was also fine. Switching to a different 737-700 livery is also fine. So it's just that specific livery, a Southwest livery. Weird. I'll keep troubleshooting.

I had this problem with the NGX before getting CP, so I think it's an NGX bug rather than CP/FSX. 

A simulator restart normally does the job.

Max

I had this problem with the NGX before getting CP, so I think it's an NGX bug rather than CP/FSX. 

A simulator restart normally does the job.

Max

You're absolutely right, I too have had the problem. But in this particular case, disabling Chase Plane on this specific livery fixes the issue. Re-enabling it, causing the loss of click spots. Multiple restarts of the simulator and the operating system (enabling & disabling the application) have yet to resolve the issue when Chase Plane is active.

What's interesting, it was the only PMDG product I used prior to the update as I've exclusively flown the 737-700 Southwest livery for the past 6 months.

Trying the same presets on several other liveries (both -700 & non-700 series) have no issues.

THat seems like a very odd issue, to be specific to the livery level. 

I'd probably send in a ticket/email for support, as this seems to be a complex problem.

Max