Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Approaches confusion

Calling Edetroit...

Im looking to EGSS, but cannot understand if this is wrong or not ? See picture (clickable)

It looks like the LOREL approach is not correct in FS9, same for ABBOT for rwy 23.

Or do I miss something here ?

Capture_zpsrqzv45p8.jpg

@volo, thanks food to know!.

@Ed, when I compile a changed approach, and open the resulting bgl, all approaches result in a big mess.. whats going on ?

Do I need to change a setting somewhere ?

nevermind..

Do not load your airport back into ADE from the Bgl file. This is the way it is done in AFCAD and AFX but not in ADE. If you do this in ADE you are almost certain to lose things. You must always load your airport again from the ADE project file. It has a .ad2 extension. We can guarantee you will have problems if you do it any other way

ADE will only change fixes at airports. Facility Editor will change them anywhere.

Title of post "Approaches confusion"

Approaches are for airports.

ADE is what is needed for the job.

Ok Ed, works well.

Do AI follow these procedures also ? or do they always make a straight in approach ?

And another question, can a leg being inserted, or is it always at the end of the existing list ?

Do AI follow these procedures also ? or do they always make a straight in approach ?

As far as I know they will fly the ILS approach but not the full STAR 

I have not written a curved approach like the Kai Tak IGS rwy 13 approach but Jim Vile has.....which AI will fly.

You can even write a LPMA rwy 05 approach, as long as the AI fly really well they could make it.

What I mean is if you think outside the box and manipulate the approaches to suit you and not just copy the jepp chart

you can get AI to do more than you think. 

I write approaches more for FSATC than AI so I have not experimented enough with AI.

And another question, can a leg being inserted, or is it always at the end of the existing list ?

Unfortunately at the end of the existing list.

You need AI controller if you want AI to follow procedures.

This is a FS9 forum not FSX ....AI controller is for FSX.

Thanks Ed, discovered in the manual that U and D allow to change the order of a certain leg. Cheers.