Sign in to follow this  
oriusmagus

symmap.dll crash

Hiu,

after updating to the newest HF2 via post (client.msi deinstall and install the new one) I got a p3dv3 crash in startscreen.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.4.18.19475, Zeitstempel: 0x5851bfd2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: symmap.dll, Version: 3.4.18.19475, Zeitstempel: 0x5851bf5a
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00029d0e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x17f8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d262d3eacb5f8e
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\P3Dv3.4\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\P3Dv3.4\symmap.dll
Berichtskennung: 47c40ff8-cec7-11e6-9560-14dae9dbf824

Any solution?

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil

Just uninstall the CLIENT and reinstall it. See how that goes.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Only other thing I can suggest is.

1) backup your p3d.cfg, delete original and let P3D build a new one.

2) Make sure to run with no loaded dll's (so you probably need to backup and rename the xml.dll and xml.exe files).

I think this will at least give you confidence that its a P3D issue and not something else.  If it still happens you may need to do a complete reinstall (although I almost always think this is extreme and should not be necessary)

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Only other thing I can suggest is.

1) backup your p3d.cfg, delete original and let P3D build a new one.

2) Make sure to run with no loaded dll's (so you probably need to backup and rename the xml.dll and xml.exe files).

I think this will at least give you confidence that its a P3D issue and not something else.  If it still happens you may need to do a complete reinstall (although I almost always think this is extreme and should not be necessary)

Already tried 1) with no result. but will try the second one.

Developer          www.facebook.com/Crossfeed-Design

Phil