Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Turbulence Tuning

Thanks a lot for the new version. Getting better and better!

Regarding the turbulence tuning I miss the one I was hoping for the most: Tuning the ground turbulence, especially the exponential decay. The "tune" button of the ground frequency is greyed out. Is that subject to a future version or is something wrong with my installation?

Also in the wind turbulence tuning I'd like to have the option to tune the exponential decay (like it is possible for the engine vibrations).

Thanks again, and a happy new year!

Ralf

Ralf,

We will all more tuning options in the next few versions. 

Greyed out TUNE buttons are disabled and not ready yet

Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Another question.

I am just trying to set up the wind turbulence. I know you intended that for open cockpits only but I also use that (at a low setting of 0.1 to 0.2) on my Airbus to give a nice subtle movement even in calm air.

Now I don't really understand why there are settings for X and Y on the one side and for Pitch and Pan on the other. Both seem to do the same, with the higher setting overriding the lower setting. For example if I want to set the pitch amplitude to zero I also have to set Y to zero to have no movement in the pitch axis.

Am I missing something here?

i find that turbulence really plays havok with the anticipation setting, it induces a constant back and forth rolling oscillation with the a2a connie.... even at 0.01 it was too much! so i was forced to disable anticipation entirely for now. might be something to do with AS2016's turbulence, will try with some other planes also... although i am basically using the settings that seemed nice with pre-1.5 chaseplane.. will continue investigating..

cheers

-andy crosby

I will have a go in the Connie to try figuring out what's happening and tune accordingly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

i find that turbulence really plays havok with the anticipation setting, it induces a constant back and forth rolling oscillation with the a2a connie.... even at 0.01 it was too much! so i was forced to disable anticipation entirely for now. might be something to do with AS2016's turbulence, will try with some other planes also... although i am basically using the settings that seemed nice with pre-1.5 chaseplane.. will continue investigating..

cheers

-andy crosby

I'm getting the same erratic behaviours with the anticipation setting, it's unusable I need to have it off.

Another question.

I am just trying to set up the wind turbulence. I know you intended that for open cockpits only but I also use that (at a low setting of 0.1 to 0.2) on my Airbus to give a nice subtle movement even in calm air.

Now I don't really understand why there are settings for X and Y on the one side and for Pitch and Pan on the other. Both seem to do the same, with the higher setting overriding the lower setting. For example if I want to set the pitch amplitude to zero I also have to set Y to zero to have no movement in the pitch axis.

Am I missing something here?

Disregard, got it. X, Y and Z move the position of the camera; Pitch, Pan and Roll turn the camera. Just looks quite similar at the first glance.

What I have found in v0.1.509 with the turbulence setting, mainly gyroscopic and anticipation settings, is that it is over exaggerated. In addition to this, the lower I have those two settings mentioned, the worse it gets.

Does anyone else have this issue?

• Upvote 1

Hi,

but what about Gimbal (advanced section)? I wanted to see what it does but after enabled "Gimbal" ChasePlane such as freeze. Can`t change Camera Presets anymore also all Chaseplane  inactive (in P3D3 no turbulence effects anymore). Nothing changes even when restarting ChasePlane.Only then you can CP get back to work when disabled "Gimbal" and restarting CP.

How is the experience of other users with Gimbal?

• Upvote 1

What I have found in v0.1.509 with the turbulence setting, mainly gyroscopic and anticipation settings, is that it is over exaggerated. In addition to this, the lower I have those two settings mentioned, the worse it gets.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Does reducing Anticipative Turbulence help to solve the issue?

Anticipative Turbulence sortof fights against "Gyroscopic" and "Accels." as the body tried to predict the aircraft's movements. I suggest putting everything to zero and then adjust from there

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Does reducing Anticipative Turbulence help to solve the issue?

Anticipative Turbulence sortof fights against "Gyroscopic" and "Accels." as the body tried to predict the aircraft's movements. I suggest putting everything to zero and then adjust from there

Hi Keven,

I can see the same behaviour with 1.5.

I adjusted turbulences settings to my tastes in the previous version but with 1.5 it seems like the turbulences intensity has been doubled for the same values as before. I will give a try to your solution and report.

Are the turbulences intensities going to remain as they are now in 1.5?

Just to know if we should adjust them right now or if it needs a fix from you.

Thanks !

Maxime
TOGA projects

Hi Keven,

For some reason by reducing the settings the intensities increase for anticipation and gyroscopic, which I can see by the green bar indicator

Hi Keven,

For some reason by reducing the settings the intensities increase for anticipation and gyroscopic, which I can see by the green bar indicator

What aircraft are you using?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42