Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

777 Cadet Training Program - Released!

very good indeed, just finished watching the first  video

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

very good indeed, just finished watching the first  video

Glad you're enjoying it. Release day makes me nervous as for the first few hours it goes quiet while everyone's watching it! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I'm in...  Got mine.       

I am an X-plane guy.   I am guessing this will help with  FF 777 but I will pick up the PDMG 777 FSX version for FSX-SE.     Although I am sure you do not mind x-planers using the course  :) 

I'm in...  Got mine.       

I am an X-plane guy.   I am guessing this will help with  FF 777 but I will pick up the PDMG 777 FSX version for FSX-SE.     Although I am sure you do not mind x-planers using the course  :) 

We're all about equality of simulation  :smile:

I'm sure the 777 Cadet Program is absolutely superb as I own and love the Dash 8 Cadet Program. However, at 40 dollars it is a bit too expensive for me now. I'm waiting for so many other releases in the pipeline which will empty my wallet. Nevertheless, I wish you great success with the new program. Maybe I jump on board later...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I'm sure the 777 Cadet Program is absolutely superb as I own and love the Dash 8 Cadet Program. However, at 40 dollars it is a bit too expensive for me now. I'm waiting for so many other releases in the pipeline which will empty my wallet. Nevertheless, I wish you great success with the new program. Maybe I jump on board later...

Please do, anyone with 777 in their username needs to be down with this! :)

I bought it today and it's filled a lot of gaps in my knowledge.  Really, really a nice course.  You asked Myron a number of times if he ever had this problem or that problem.  What problems did he have during his 777 time?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Me too. It's very good.

Frankly I have rarely flown the 777 since the first month after launch.

I rarely fly more than 60 minutes but I suspect the 777 will be seeing a few repositioning flights in the Pilotedge expansion area soon.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

This is top notch compared to the Angle of Attack 777 training.

The AOA 777 had a lot of videos on theory, but little on actual practice. A lot of things in groundworks that were promised in the videos to be later covered in flightworks never were. and there wasn't even a lineworks.

The AOA Media training of the Pmdg 777 didn't even cover any failures or emergency situations...

So definitely I would say Airline2Sim fills in the gaps where AOA 777 left off... and being able to download videos without having to pay a $20/month perpetual subscription on top of the subscription itself is an improvement. AOA purposefully capped the Vimeo downloads to a pitiful 720p when only 1080p was available via streaming on Vimeo, and the excuse was the AOA eventually wanted to sell the videos as blu-ray physical media but they never went that route and still charge $20/month for 720p downloads.... Bad business practices!

I am a 737-800 sim pilot only, but really enjoying the videos and a lot of the knowledge is applicable to my 737.

Great job!

David

Great to hear all this feedback guys, glad we've hit the mark on this one - we agonise over a lot of it so it's good to see it works.

The AoA thing - I'm not sure why they did that. I'm sure they had their reasons. Hard copies are a thing of the past now. We'd have to charge $100 for the 777 on physical media to deliver it in HD. I'm planning on doing the 717 Program in 4k, that would be nigh on impossible to deliver in a physical format.

Congrats for this great release. It is pure joy to listen to you and Captain Ashcraft and watch you both flying the aircraft. I am eagerly waiting for these other videos to be released soon. 

Please keep up the good work. 

Thanks a lot and happy new year from Germany

Bjoern S. 

Just purchased this! 

Watched part of the first one - really excited about it... Capt. Ashcraft sounds like the perfect training captain!  :wink:

Looking forward to dive into it. Sounds like it's a bit more extensive than the Dash 8 Cadet (which I also have). On a side note - I've purchased the Dash-8 Cadet course on Vimeo some time ago. Right now, I have the 777 Cadet training program on your own site - is it possible to merge the two, so both is available on the Airline2Sim site? (I know it most likely isn't, since Vimeo is a 3rd party - but I'd thought I'd ask, anyway).

Thanks Airline2Sim for your hard work and dedication!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On a side note - I've purchased the Dash-8 Cadet course on Vimeo some time ago. Right now, I have the 777 Cadet training program on your own site - is it possible to merge the two, so both is available on the Airline2Sim site? (I know it most likely isn't, since Vimeo is a 3rd party - but I'd thought I'd ask, anyway).

+1

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM