Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

777 Cadet Training Program - Released!

Interesting! Thanks for the detailed introduction/teaser... 

Sounds fascinating.

Really looking forward to it! 

For some reason, I find this course more immerse-full, than your Dash 8 course... (although that WAS excellent as well).

Really exciting times ahead, I can hear!

Thanks again, Ben for all you (and the rest of the team) hard work and dedication! These Airline2Sim courses are really amazing! Looking forward to more - and the rest of the 777-training, of course.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Hi Ben,

Just a quick question... I still haven't received the Dash 8 Cadet Course on my Airline2Sim account... I sent you a receipt and confirmation email from Vimeo... not being impatient (so much). Was just wondering, since you've said 24-hours  :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Interesting! Thanks for the detailed introduction/teaser... 

Sounds fascinating.

Really looking forward to it! 

For some reason, I find this course more immerse-full, than your Dash 8 course... (although that WAS excellent as well).

Really exciting times ahead, I can hear!

Thanks again, Ben for all you (and the rest of the team) hard work and dedication! These Airline2Sim courses are really amazing! Looking forward to more - and the rest of the 777-training, of course.

That's interesting to hear about the Q400 Program. The Dash 8 is, as you know, a much harder airplane to fly. In fact, I flew it a couple of weeks ago for the first time since we released the FO course and I was all over the place! I think to be honest a big factor is that the filming of the 777 Program was so much easier as the airplane wasn't constantly trying to kill us like the Dash 8 did. Myron was here in the UK for a whole week and time wasn't such a big problem so we could relax and enjoy it and I think that comes over in the Program itself. 

Josh came to film the Q400 Program with us often between flying sectors in the real one and it would often end up with us trying to get stuff in the can late at night after a long and frustrating day with hours of footage in the trash bin. Both of us ended up pretty tense as we knew that if we couldn't get what we wanted in the can that day/night, it could be weeks before Josh might have another chance to get back to us for another try. It was pretty stressful and we're trying to avoid those kinds of situations next time as I think it can show. That said, the Q400 Cadet was a huge hit, so we got there in the end. And Josh even wants to come back for the Airbus, so he hasn't run for the hills just yet!  :smile:

Hi Ben,

Just a quick question... I still haven't received the Dash 8 Cadet Course on my Airline2Sim account... I sent you a receipt and confirmation email from Vimeo... not being impatient (so much). Was just wondering, since you've said 24-hours  :smile:

Hey Anders

Ok, just checked and the activation was sent, so sooner or later it'll show up. Tomorrow, now probably. Don't you guys ever sleep?  :Tounge:  :Tounge:

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Thanks, Ben! 

I don't know why I find a difference with regards to the two programs... Maybe I just find the 777 more interesting? 

No, we don't sleep! We're busy learning about the 777  :P

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I don't own the 777 as it's not my cup of tea simulation wise but I will be picking this up anyway!

Glad to hear Josh will be back for the airbus too.

I don't own the 777 as it's not my cup of tea simulation wise but I will be picking this up anyway!

Glad to hear Josh will be back for the airbus too.

Great to hear, you'll have bought the 777 by the end of the Program :)

Ben, I am really enjoying this series. Just finished the video on flight planning and, while I use Simbrief a lot, I learned a ton from Capt. Ashcroft. Can't wait to see the others. Great job on a fine series!

Finished all of the available videos.   Great job.   As one of Myron's Falcon trainees, I am very used to call signs ending in 229.    I am now ready for line operations.

...My biggest challenge has been flying the keyboard on my laptop and switching views to find the right button and handles to move on the screen.  (  I am running on the MSI  GT70 with an Intel i7 4700 Haswell and NVIDIA 770m.  16GB     FSX SE with HDE textures and Opus. )    So PC and sim setup in video 2 was very important to me.  

I have been flying for a living for 35 years.   I am absolutely amazed at the skills, knowledge, and professional conduct of some of the PC-simmers who post youtube and other videos.   I think programs like this make that possible for many more people.    I know that most pilots are unaware of the value of training you can get out of P3D, FSX and X-plane ... and some would even scoff at the idea.    But I just flew a 777 from LAX to Miami  ...    I did nearly everything I do when doing the same trip in a real jet.    In a real jet, I hand fly for about 60 seconds and turn the autopilot on ... then a few hours later I turn it off about 60 seconds before I land.   In between, I make inputs to the mode control panel and drink several cups of coffee.

About the only difference or the most important difference is I am not getting paid when I fly this 777 sim  :) 

Ben, I am really enjoying this series. Just finished the video on flight planning and, while I use Simbrief a lot, I learned a ton from Capt. Ashcroft. Can't wait to see the others. Great job on a fine series!

It's amazing what you learn when you ask a lot of questions, I was worried that this video was too long but it's all very valuable stuff.

Finished all of the available videos.   Great job.   As one of Myron's Falcon trainees, I am very used to call signs ending in 229.    I am now ready for line operations.

And no better trainer than Myron :) Glad you're both enjoying it thus far.

You all are making it incredibly hard to resist the temptation to buy the 777 cadet program... Give me another week and I'm in... Poor CC...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

And no better trainer than Myron :) Glad you're both enjoying it thus far.

I'll say.  You hit it out of the park picking him.  (Baseball analogy...kinda like cricket, right? :P )  He's easy going and explains things so well.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You all are making it incredibly hard to resist the temptation to buy the 777 cadet program... Give me another week and I'm in... Poor CC...

Sorry Carlo  :smile:

Sorry Carlo  :smile:

No problem as I'm 100% sure that I will not regret the purchase afterward! Had such a good time watching the Q400 Cadet Program...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

No problem as I'm 100% sure that I will not regret the purchase afterward! Had such a good time watching the Q400 Cadet Program.

Indeed, and you'll be jumping in at the point that the line flying comes online too, which is the fun stuff!