Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

777 Cadet Training Program - Released!

Just watched the first 4 episodes. It's absolutely awesome and well worth the money! So informative and entertaining at the same time!

I only have one small constructive point of criticism: I would prefer if Myron would do more of the explaining with you asking questions. A lot of the times you (correctly) explain how things work and he just confirms and adds some additional points. Would be even more authentic this way around. Nevertheless it is yet another fantastic program! Looking very much forward to the Airbus Cadet Program.

Hey Carlo, valid point - I get you. You gotta remember that Myron's no spring chicken and it was a very long and tiring week for him with a long journey either side. There were so many concepts for us to explore that it needed a joint effort from us both to explain. As it happens, once we get deep into the flying portions you will hear Myron a lot more than me. I'm just the driver! But glad you're enjoying it so far. I hope Mrs K hasn't divorced you yet on flight simulation grounds!  :Tounge:

Ben, a quick question.

Have just purchased the Q400 First Officer training course. Was wondering - does this course, require the Pro Edition of the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in order to 'follow' the procedures, or can you still learn/get something out of the First Officer Course when 'only' owning the Pilot Edition?

Okay, that was a bit cryptic... Hope you know what I mean...

(Sorry for de-railing the topic)

Anders - you can get by with the Pilot just fine. We used the Pro edition but the engine failures etc were achieved by just pulling the condition levers back to fuel off. The emergency stuff isn't really what you're likely to attempt yourself in the sim but it's pretty interesting to see how it's all done. The later videos you definitely will use - the RNAV, VOR, NDB and circling approach are all a lot of fun to try. There's also a newer version of the Chambery scenery than we used in the Program now too. Have fun! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Anders - you can get by with the Pilot just fine. We used the Pro edition but the engine failures etc were achieved by just pulling the condition levers back to fuel off. The emergency stuff isn't really what you're likely to attempt yourself in the sim but it's pretty interesting to see how it's all done. The later videos you definitely will use - the RNAV, VOR, NDB and circling approach are all a lot of fun to try. There's also a newer version of the Chambery scenery than we used in the Program now too. Have fun! 

Thanks Ben,

I would probably upgrade to the Pro Edition sometime... I assume, that the VOR, NDB, RNAV etc is possible in the Pilot Edition, as well?

(Don't know if you know that, though...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks Ben,

I would probably upgrade to the Pro Edition sometime... I assume, that the VOR, NDB, RNAV etc is possible in the Pilot Edition, as well?

(Don't know if you know that, though...)

Yes there's really not a lot of difference. All of the nav equipment you'll need is fitted to the Pilot Edition. The Pro Edition is worth the upgrade for the ability to load the panel state and shared cockpit is fun if you have the time to set it up. I don't think it's an expensive upgrade.

Yes there's really not a lot of difference. All of the nav equipment you'll need is fitted to the Pilot Edition. The Pro Edition is worth the upgrade for the ability to load the panel state and shared cockpit is fun if you have the time to set it up. I don't think it's an expensive upgrade.

True! But it won't be this month...  :lol:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

I just plugged in my PC to my 50 inch Samsung and that is the ticket. Now I just need Myron to make me some popcorn.....

I just plugged in my PC to my 50 inch Samsung and that is the ticket. Now I just need Myron to make me some popcorn.....

Airline2popcorn, now there's an idea!

... Now I just need Myron to make me some popcorn.....

Wouldn't it be Ben, who did that? Haha!  :P

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Just watched the first flight deck tour video and can I just say that the way you explained the electrical system was simply amazing! Really loving the series.

Just watched the first flight deck tour video and can I just say that the way you explained the electrical system was simply amazing! Really loving the series.

Great to hear that, lots more cool stuff to come!  :smile:

Finished watching all available videos and I'm delighted. Ben, you've done a remarkable job here, very insightful and I felt that Capt Ashcraft was all-in for this.

Among the the best is the high quality didactic technique by Myron, you can tell he was an instructor in different parts of his career. Exceptional stuff and, I have to say, my first foray into Airline2sim training videos; I will definitely go for the Q after this one. Well done!

Santiago de Larminat

I never really appreciated all the detail that went into the 777 systems until watching these videos. Kudos to PMDG (and to Ben and Myron for showing us in such an entertaining and informative way). It was fun watching the flaps operate without demand pumps. Cool stuff.

Thanks guys. Again, I pay testament to PMDG for modelling this all in such exquisite detail, which of course is lost on 99% of simmers. Thankfully those of you who join the Airline2Sim 'club' get to see and appreciate things that others do not. 

Hi Ben,

I just noticed, that on the Airline2Sim 777 Cadet page, it says that release of the Line-Flight Kahului to Honolulu is January 9th/10th?

Is there an uncertainty regarding the release? Or will it be split up or how am I suppose to read this?

Also - may I ask what's the reason to 'split the course up' and release it within a month or so? Are you not finished with the remaining episodes (I don't assume, that you're still recording them?), or is there another idea behind this approach?

Thanks again for all your work. Looking forward to the rest of the training course.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Hi Ben,

I just noticed, that on the Airline2Sim 777 Cadet page, it says that release of the Line-Flight Kahului to Honolulu is January 9th/10th?

Is there an uncertainty regarding the release? Or will it be split up or how am I suppose to read this?

Also - may I ask what's the reason to 'split the course up' and release it within a month or so? Are you not finished with the remaining episodes (I don't assume, that you're still recording them?), or is there another idea behind this approach?

Thanks again for all your work. Looking forward to the rest of the training course.

Hey Anders

Nope all the episodes are pretty much completed, with the exception of a few bits of audio here and there and some last minute tinkering that we always do. The time consuming thing is simply rendering out the finished videos from all the constituent parts and then uploading them to the server, where they then have to re-encode again to allow streaming/downloading. As we render out at very high bitrate (Episode 14's master file is 33 GB) the whole process takes some time. Time this by 23 videos and you can see the scope of the task, hence why we staggered release over a few weeks. Episode 14 is the longest of them all at 1hr 40 mins so is taking its sweet time. We hoped to get it online today - it looks likely that it'll be tomorrow now I'm afraid, hence why I adjusted the ETA on the website. The rest of the videos focus on approaches or departures, so are a fair bit shorter from here.

No problems, just big files and rural British internet, I'm afraid. Bear with us  :smile:

That's quite alright! 

Thanks for explaining, Ben. Monumental task, I can see...

I'll await patiently for the next.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--