Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Adding Static Views

Well, all was going OK,  I cannot add any static cameras.

if I click add, the camera moves to somewhere in the middle of nowhere, scenery becomes corrupt.

The ones I created previously are still there if I go back to the airport and work OK.

Something strange has happened, not sure what to be honest

Update.......restart chase plane in 'normal mode', all is fine.    Now restart back into experimental mode, this time when you click the 'static' title bar the camera starts to move backwards.

Now click add, give the view a name, click tick. Camera will stop moving.  Now you can select the presets as normal.

very strange.

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Update1....this issue that causes this is having 'TrackIR'  on when you do not have TrackIR.   The default is 'on'.     

So if you are having the issues setting up static cameras, make sure this is switched off.

Everything is back to normal again...phew!

Update 2.......If you move more than 1 airport whilst in the SIM, then you get the same issue as I posted to start with.  the way around that is to restart Chase plane and that for what ever reason resets it and you can then add static presets again

Hope this helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

this issue that causes this is having 'TrackIR'  on when you do not have TrackIR.   The default is 'on'.     
Does that mean TrackIR is NOT LOADED? or Loaded Disabled(red monitor lights on TIRCam?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Update1....this issue that causes this is having 'TrackIR' on when you do not have TrackIR. The default is 'on'.

So if you are having the issues setting up static cameras, make sure this is switched off.

Not so sure if that's correct. In my setup the switch is in ON even if I don't have TrackIR installed, and I could add four static cameras in at least 1 airport today.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Not so sure if that's correct. In my setup the switch is in ON even if I don't have TrackIR installed, and I could add four static cameras in at least 1 airport today.

Cheers, Ed

Ed, I'd love to see video....I start a static shot....and I am off in the clouds over what looks like the Alaska Fjords...TrackIR loaded or not.

Is there a tutorial on getting this &/$37IwdqnfAeriuv02817:;!=]^{>~=*^?ing feature to work?..and yes I have the latest version.

Thanks and Happy New year y'all!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I removed all traces of TrackIR on my system and I can't reproduce the issue.

What is the exact simulator version you are using?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Getting same issues. Cant save static position, often times it wont even give me the option to add a static cam. Then sometimes it will go off into lala land like Chas mentioned.

TIR not working either even though its functioning fine in the TIR program itself. Must be something im doing wrong.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed

Yep, that is not the issue. 

Add a static camera or two at an airport. Now use the SIm and go to another airport.  Again add a few static cameras. Now go to yet another airport and try again.

Does this work for you?

I removed all traces of TrackIR on my system and I can't reproduce the issue.

What is the exact simulator version you are using?

The latest P3D: 3.4.18.19475)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi

I have the same problem mentioned by others that when switching to static view the camera jumps to a random location quite a distance from the airport. I can only get back to the airport by changing to the onboard or outside camera. If I jump to the airport through the sim, as soon as I switch to the static camera, it jumps back to the random location (though it seems to be the same remote location for each airport). Very strange. I'm using P3D v3.4. I don't have any static cameras set up (and I can only create them in these weird remote locations). Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Adam

• Upvote 1

Adam

Have you tried with TrackIR is 'off'

Ed, I'd love to see video....I start a static shot....and I am off in the clouds over what looks like the Alaska Fjords...TrackIR loaded or not.

Is there a tutorial on getting this &/$37IwdqnfAeriuv02817:;!=]^{>~=*^?ing feature to work?..and yes I have the latest version.

Thanks and Happy New year y'all!

Chas

Chas

Have you turned off 'Trackir'  in chase plane?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Have you turned off 'Trackir'  in chase plane?

Hi Chas

Yes, I've turned TrackIR off completely in Chase Plane but it makes no difference.

Cheers

Adam

Ed, I'd love to see video...

Hi Chas, happy new year!.

I'm not good at making videos, anyway there's a new version of ChasePlane now. Do the update and let's hope everything is better.

Let me know your findings. I'll update now and do several tests.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed

Yep, that is not the issue.

Add a static camera or two at an airport. Now use the SIm and go to another airport. Again add a few static cameras. Now go to yet another airport and try again.

Does this work for you?

Hi Alpha:

Will do, but since there's a new version in place, we should test everything again.

Please report back.

To me it sounds that doing the testing you suggest is like "stress testing" ChasePlane, which is probably not a good idea for an alpha version. I would suggest to close ChasePlane after you add several static cameras to a certain airport, and within the same P3D session, opening CP again when you go to another airport, and son on.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers