Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

JustSim Innsbruck and Barcelona - runway centerline lights

A question for current owners of the products in the topic, do you have runway centerline lights?

Reason I ask is I'm considering getting these products but my experience from JustSim Nice is there was a long waiting time until they finally released a fix making the runway centerline lights visible.

After watching a couple of video clips it looks like these two products might suffer from the same issue where you only see the edge lights of the runway at night but not the centerline lights.

TIA for your input!

Richard Åsberg

A question for current owners of the products in the topic, do you have runway centerline lights?

Yes.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Yes.

OK, great.

Is that for both products or one of them and if so which one?

Richard Åsberg

I just have LOWI.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I paid about 12 euri in the discount and consequently will skip the ORBX version.

For that money it is worth every penny (and also for more).

Full price I wouldn't pay, for that money I would await the ORBX version and compare.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I paid about 12 euri in the discount and consequently will skip the ORBX version.

For that money it is worth every penny (and also for more).

Full price I wouldn't pay, for that money I would await the ORBX version and compare.

Thanks for the report!

Makes sense what you say but I'm still a bit worried about the lights both taxi and runway lights because a friend of mine just checked and sent me some screenshots looking very much like Nice before it was patched with very poor lighting.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the report!

Makes sense what you say but I'm still a bit worried about the lights both taxi and runway lights because a friend of mine just checked and sent me some screenshots looking very much like Nice before it was patched with very poor lighting.

I look forward to the day that P3D provides decent airport lights for all devs to use.  Nice is on sale right now so I was thinking about getting it.  I need an airport in France!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As far as I remember Nice is OK now since the latest version was released where one of the issues addressed was the poor runway lighting.

Not sure why JustSim has problems with the runway lighting and the centerline lights in particular considering I haven't seen this issue with any other of my payware airports.

Richard Åsberg

As far as I remember Nice is OK now since the latest version was released where one of the issues addressed was the poor runway lighting.

Not sure why JustSim has problems with the runway lighting and the centerline lights in particular considering I haven't seen this issue with any other of my payware airports.

Good news.  LatinVFR and Aerosoft have had lighting issues.  It shouldn't be that hard.  Lights are everywhere and should be common.  It takes away from the overall of the sim when they look bad.  Also, lights in the RW have multiple settings based on wx and pilot request.  It would be a nice feature to have runway and approach lights be brighter in bad weather.  But I'm only hoping.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I fully agree.

IMO the UK2000 products have great lighting (and lots of other good stuff as well)!

Richard Åsberg