Sign in to follow this  
vector

FS9.CFG messages

Is there a definitive [or almost] list of the entries that can be made in the FS9.CFG file?  Every now and again someone will ask how something can be amended in the sim and will be told to add this or that entry to the file.

Dijvid

All of the FS2004/FS9 tweak guides have a config file section, and there are minor differences here and there, so they could be re-compiled into one for future reference.

Thanks for the reply.

I probably have most, if not all, of the tweaks but I still wonder if there is a definitive list of every entry that could be made in the FS9.CFG file.  Those that have been discovered couldn't have just been stumbled upon or found through trial and error methods - that would be far too many coincidences!  At least Microsoft would have a list!!

Dijvid

There aren't many that are not placebo's.

Only the ones like the bandwith multiplier seems to do something, although I don't see much improvement, only in the VC it helps.

The problem is that even the SDK is incomplete. As are the air files also. So I doubt that there is a definitive list as such. Even with the air files MS made incorrect assumptions creating the defaults. One of the most infamous being table 1505 which is in reality time to n2. Without being corrected you have the engine surge at start-up which would be critical for a real life jet engine!!

FS9.CFG settings can be found by simply open the .dll files in notepad and scroll thru it.

You can see the text-labels for all the settings possible. Whats not in there is not working, a.k.a nonsense.

The airfile was never intended to be adjusted by us. We found out by trail and error long time ago, and imports from older versions of FS.

FS9.CFG settings can be found by simply open the .dll files in notepad and scroll thru it.

Which DLLs?

Which DLLs?

Hi.

Ten minutes with notepad showed that most of the fs9.cfg variables are in main.dll and control.dll in the FS9/modules/ folder.

I haven't done a thorough search, and they don't seem to be in any particular order but they are at least all obvious blocks within each dll.

Most of the variables are one-word (using underscores instead of spaces). Opening a copy of the dll with Word allows you to replace all spaces with carriage returns (use ^p as the replacement text), which in turn allows you to open the resulting document in Excel and to sort the variables out from the chaff.

Best regards,

D