Sign in to follow this  
s110103

Best Boeing 757?

Hey guys!

At first I wish you all a good start into 2017!

Here is my question: Is there any good Boeing 757 out there? One of my favourite planes is the Boeing 757 so I want to fly it and get used to her systems on my simulator. I'd like to see a 757 in PMDG quality (It would be cool if PMDG would start developing one after it's Queen of the Skies). What do you think is the best 757 you can get so far?

Regards

s110103

As far as I know, the only two decent ones are Captain Sim and Quality Wings, although neither one is specifically for P3D. I have installed both using the Estonian Migration Tool, and they both work, but I personally prefer the Captain Sim version. Your mileage may vary, of course...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Thanks for your reply, do you think, should we wait a few years, until PMDG decides to create one, or should I also get the Captain Sim?

Thanks for your reply, do you think, should we wait a few years, until PMDG decides to create one, or should I also get the Captain Sim?

I'd recommend you pickup the QW 757 for $25.00.  It has great sounds and flight dynamics; the only flaw is limited systems simulation.  However, ALL the systems are there to perform a normal flight, including sid/star implementation.  IMHO, you won't be disappointed with the price point...

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Yes, this is very cheap, it's obvious, that it the systems can't be as deep, as PMDG's or Flightsimlabs' for this price. Another question, is it fun to fly around with this aircraft?

Another question, is it fun to fly around with this aircraft

This is the area it shines; it's a great aircraft to hand fly...perhaps one of the best I've flown; the ground fiction is accurate too.  I have the CS version and it's buggy, to say the least.  I dumped it from my hdd about 5 years ago

Matt King

Ok, thanks

I have the CS B757 and B767.  I also have the Level-D B767 and the QW B757.  

The Level-d B767 flies the best, followed closely by the QW B757.  Although  not at PMDG standards, both (Level-d and QW) have a good FMC and have been trouble free for me. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Bluestar:

How does the CS 767 work in P3D? That's one that I don't have.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

If it's not to late, I'll add my two cents,

The CaptainSim 757 looks good, but it's very buggy and is harder to fly.

The QW757 on the other hand, has only a few issues within P3D and is very fun to fly. I'd definitively go for the QW757.

And as for the PMDG 757, after the 747 I believe they are reworking the J41.

You real help me guys! I think I will go for the QW757. The J41 is also a pretty nice prop plane, I think I Would buy that one, if it's Not too expensive.

I found the fsx/p3d 757/767 models lacking in systems fidelity  other than level D but dont have it nor is it very compatible. I now fly Flightfactor 757/767 models in xplane to get my fix for them and im pleased going that route. They are quite good.

• Upvote 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

If you have other nice aircraft (PMDG, Majestic, etc.) You will have no joy at all with the QW-Version. It is not really supported in P3D and I have quite a few issues with it. The good thing is, that there are a ton of liveries and models available. But that's about it... I would grade it slightly above a freeware aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I used the P3D installer for QW-757 and it went without a hitch. I used it before in FSX and found it to be the best 757 out there. I wouldn't hold my breath for a PMDG 757 :-).

Richard