Sign in to follow this  
N9718

Crash Log for XP10?

It seems after I fly xp10 for 10-15 minutes, it freezes and stops working. The only add on I have is HD Scenery. Is there a log somewhere that will help my diagnose why it's freezing and crashing? I have 24GB of memory, so I don't think it's a OOM error.

Thanks.

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

It seems after I fly xp10 for 10-15 minutes, it freezes and stops working. The only add on I have is HD Scenery. Is there a log somewhere that will help my diagnose why it's freezing and crashing? I have 24GB of memory, so I don't think it's a OOM error.

Thanks.

it is in your root folder called log.txt ;)

it is in your root folder called log.txt ;)

Right. However, as I've reviewed the log.txt file, there is nothing in it that explains what caused XP10 to freeze. Is there an error log that XP10 produces that explains why it crashes?

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

Right. However, as I've reviewed the log.txt file, there is nothing in it that explains what caused XP10 to freeze. Is there an error log that XP10 produces that explains why it crashes?

it does, if it crashes it will tell there. However if it freezes, it might be a different problem as it does not really crash so to speak. Or does x-plane end with the send report to laminar notice ?

what does the file say in the last few lines ? Does it always happen in the same area ? with the same plane ?

The log.txt file can be a very powerful tool.  I just looked through mine from a flight I did yesterday, and it does exactly as the name implies.  It logs every single tile loaded, autogen spawned, aircraft movement, etc.  I actually found several errors in mine pertaining to tiles not found, which is odd considering that the tiles I flew over are from the HD Mesh Scenery v3.  Although I did not experience a crash from my last flight, you should be able to find the word crash within the txt file (use the search function in notepad), and you may find out what file is giving you trouble.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Hi, following up on this as I'm having a regular crash problem as well.  It results in a crash report being sent to Laminar every time, but unfortunately I don't know how to read the crash report file.

Reviewing the log.txt, it simply ends with "--=={This application has crashed!}==--"

A search in the log says the word crash is only listed that one time.

Any way to know what might be happening?

I'm running X-Plane 10.51 final version.  Any tips on other things I could look for in the log?  I don't see any obvious errors but not really sure what to look for.  My machine is an i7-6700K, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 8GB VRAM.  I am running Xenviro, but it also crashes with that disabled.  I do have HD Mesh v3 installed and love it, and that too seemed to work fine previously.  My crash problem has mainly started over the past week or two.  It seems to have happened now that I've started flying the LES Sabb 340A, but by no means want to put any blame on that as it's a pleasure to fly.  Maybe something conflicting though?  Was hoping log might offer a clue if I knew better what to look for.

Thanks for any insight!