Sign in to follow this  
johncott

Application side-by-side error

Hi everybody, is anybody else getting this error message (see below) when running Little Navmap 1.2.2 (also 1.2.0) on windows 10 home 64 bit. Installed in the windows main folder in the folder Little Navmap, not in the Programs or Programs X86 folders.   Reinstalled 1.0.5 on the same windows 10 computer and it worked good. 1.2.2 works good on my windows 7 computer.

Error message “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.”

​I di try reloading the MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package as recommended on some websites for this error message, did not help.

love this app hope I can get the new version working.

TIA for any help.

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Hi John,

is the correct SimConnect version installed? You have to install the plain FSX SimConnect. See here.

There is also a "littlenavmap-nosimconnect.exe" in the archive if you don't want to install SimConnect.

Alex

Thanks Alex,  had both versions of the "MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package" installed.  Tried the "littlenavmap-nosimconnect.exe"​ and that did the trick.  Should have mentioned I have this on three computers my main gaming machine to create the data base, a windows 7 laptop when I am flying and a windows 10 surface 3 (the one with the issues) for planning when I am not flying. I do not use the moving map feature on either laptop, I mainly use ​"Little Navmap" for planning and airport diagrams.

Thanks for this awesome software.

John C.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.