Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

AS16 & ASCA w/Rex Texture & SC

Hi all - I've seen plenty of discussion on this topic and doing some testing of my own. 

Some have said in order to get Rex textures & SC to work with AS16 & ASCA, the way to do it is to disable the 4 content settings in ASCA, install a texture set from Rex and ASCA should control what Rex installed. 

From what I can tell, this doesn't completely seem accurate. While I am able to get Rex textures into the sim, I don't think ASCA is doing anything. AS16 is obviously running the WX but ASCA won't give the occasional messages at the top of the screen (as i'm running ASCA in full dynamic mode). This is leading me to believe that ASCA is useless in this scenario. 

Anyone with the same results? 

• Upvote 1

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

I would think that you would at least have to use cloud structures enabled. Otherwise ASCA would have nothing whatsoever to do, so why would it do anything.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's